Sapphire Rewards Questions

BostonGal35

1.  Pre-Cruise Service Desk.  What is this and how does one access it?   

2.  Signature Tier Pins - weve never gotten pins of any kind.  Do these need to be requested?

3.  Internet Package Discount - is the "upgrade" to unlimited wifi beyond the 150 minutes considered a "package"?

6 minutes ago, BostonGal35 said:

Try calling the number listed on the Latitudes benefits chart.

(If that's not correct they will forward you to a different #).

2.  Signature Tier Pins - we've never gotten pins of any kind.  Do these need to be requested?

Go to the Cruise Next Desk onboard and request them there!

3.  Internet Package Discount - is the "upgrade" to unlimited wifi beyond the 150 minutes considered a "package"? 

There should be instructions onboard "how to" (see Freestyle Daily), but you may want to visit the Internet Café to inquire there. (Sorry for my vagueness, we have never done this.)

thanks!

i know ive gotten pushback when ive tried to use the concierge.  I believe its the same one used by Haven guests but they reallly dont like to extend this benefit despite it being listed.  I assume very few ask about it since like the "pre-cruise service desk" its vague.

16 minutes ago, BostonGal35 said:

thanks!

i know ive gotten pushback when ive tried to use the concierge.  I believe its the same one used by Haven guests but they reallly dont like to extend this benefit despite it being listed.  I assume very few ask about it since like the "pre-cruise service desk" its vague.

The Latititude Rewards "Concierge" for upper level Latitude members is the Cruise Next team - not the Haven Concierge. That is probably why you got push back. They should have explained that to you when you tried to use the wrong person.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BostonGal35 said:

2.  Signature Tier Pins - weve never gotten pins of any kind.  Do these need to be requested?

Here is your answer to #3 from the Latitudes Rewards Terms and Conditions:  

Internet package discounts are eligible for the Unlimited 1 device and Unlimited Premium 1 device Wifi packages. Discount is not valid on Free at Sea Wifi Packages Upgrades or time-based Wifi Packages. Discount may be applied online if the Internet Package is purchased prior to the cruise or once the guest is onboard.

2 hours ago, BostonGal35 said:

2.  Signature Tier Pins - we've never gotten pins of any kind.  Do these need to be requested?

On embarkation day, go to the CruiseNext desk and  

1) Request your latitude pins. These started after the pandemic restart. They have been "sold out" on a couple of our cruises. A while ago, CruiseNext used to give out ship pins (left in your stateroom on embarkation day). 

2) Sign up for Wines Around the World (if you want to go to the free wine tasting).

3) Sign up for Dinner with the Officers (if you want)

4) Sign up for the Behind the Scenes Tour (if you want)

All events may sell out and are first-come-first-serve, so embarkation day is when you want to make these arrangements. 

You also get your free bag of laundry and two dinner at any specialty restaurant (one with wine). 

Hi,

#3 Question:  When I went to book my 100 minutes and got to the payment page the Sapphire 20% discount didn't show up.  I phoned NCL and was told to go to Guest Services when I get onboard to receive it.  Why not online?  I didn't ask.

Sorry for the italics but I can't seem to change it.

Enjoy planning your cruise, happytotravel

See below- the latitudes "benefit" for wifi doesn't really exist as you can't use it on anything you'd actually want to use it for.

41 minutes ago, JessLCH said:

Here is your answer to #3 from the Latitudes Rewards Terms and Conditions:  

Internet package discounts are eligible for the Unlimited 1 device and Unlimited Premium 1 device Wifi packages. Discount is not valid on Free at Sea Wifi Packages Upgrades or time-based Wifi Packages. Discount may be applied online if the Internet Package is purchased prior to the cruise or once the guest is onboard.

10 minutes ago, happytotravel said:

Hi,

#3 Question:  When I went to book my 100 minutes and got to the payment page the Sapphire 20% discount didn't show up.  I phoned NCL and was told to go to Guest Services when I get onboard to receive it.  Why not online?  I didn't ask.

Sorry for the italics but I can't seem to change it.

Enjoy planning your cruise, happytotravel

Edited by JessLCH

8 minutes ago, JessLCH said:

See below- the latitudes "benefit" for wifi doesn't really exist as you can't use it on anything you'd actually want to use it for.

8 minutes ago, JessLCH said:

Hi,

Discount online doesn't seem to work either when trying to book a package.  Tried it just to see.  Anyway, I'm planning to book only 100 minutes and will see what actually happens once onboard.

happytotravel