Equinox Specialty Dining

Ilovecats2

Hello! I tried using the search function on the forum to find an answer, but it just didn’t specifically answer, or narrow down the requests enough for me, so forgive me if this has already been answered multiple times. My husband and I will be cruising on the Equinox in April. This is our first Celebrity cruise. We have cruised in the past, on Carnival and our RCCL, but it has been more than 15 years ago. We are thinking we would like to try the specialty restaurants a few nights. I am wondering if it is better to purchase the Four Night  package ahead of time? Or do they offer deeper discounts for specialty dining, once on board?

Also, is it difficult to get reservations once on board?

And- Murano and Tuscan Grille are our primary interests…… Once you pay for the dinner package, does that allow you to order off of the menu in any particular restaurant you choose, without paying extra? To say it a better way maybe, does the cover charge allow you to order anything you want off the menu, obviously excluding drinks.

Thank you for any help!!!!!

We enjoyed Murano when we sailed on her last May and on our April 24th cruise plan on eating there again on the first night.  We were able to order anything off the menu.  I think the way things are now, if there is an extra charge for anything it will be printed.  

There used to be larger discounts on board.  Today the specialty restaurants are selling out.  Only discount we saw was for the first night.

Of course you can order off the menu at the specialty restaurants.  There might be one or two with an extra charge; but clearly marked as such.

Buying a package we were NOT able to make all our bookings pre cruise.  Thus decide what you want and book immediately after boarding.

We have been on the Equinox 6 times.  We love Murano.  If you book it precruise for the first night it is cheaper.  I believe you have to pay extra for caviar.  Tuscan is ok.  There are some steaks you have to pay extra for.  Again, if you book precruise it is cheaper.  Try Sushi on 5, they have more than just sushi and it is excellent.  

when we were in the RS our butler could not get us reservations for Murano or Tuscan at the times we wanted.  

The packages can be a good deal if your interested in trying all of the restaurants.     Personally I would probably reserve online to secure a date and time you wish.  The specialties are usually discounted per-cruise.  You can always cancel or move reservation to a different night and time.

Generally you can order anything on the menu with the exception of some specialty items which are noted with the additional cost.   Example -  Murano has a special Five Senses menu with wine paring -  that is $89 pp additional.      Also Tuscan have some Prime beef adders -  16 ounce Dry Aged NY Steak $15 and 22 Oz Porterhouse  $18.

If you download the Celebrity App and go to the Restaurant Menus you will see the menus and any add on.

Wine and Drinks are per you package or separate charge if no package.

Edited by Jim_Iain