Denali Excursions

frenchCow

Under normal circumstances the answer would be a definite "yes".  However considering that the road is closed at mile 43 it is now a definite "no".  I am surprised although I probably should not be that Princess has not told you about the closure. 

See this post - https://www.earthtrekkers.com/denali-road-closure-things-to-do/.  Consider what you will not see in Denali if you go now.

DON

11 hours ago, frenchCow said:

Can anyone tell me if it is worth it to upgrade to the "Tundra Wilderness Tour" rather than the included "Natural HIstory Tour" on Princess?

Thanks

I think so. Even though it’s not as much as it used to be, you still see more. For me, it’s the better choice. 

12 hours ago, frenchCow said:

Can anyone tell me if it is worth it to upgrade to the "Tundra Wilderness Tour" rather than the included "Natural HIstory Tour" on Princess?

Thanks

When we took the upgraded tour we saw plenty of wildlife. Those who took the natural history tour the same day told us they hardly saw any.

I have no idea how much of what we saw was in the part of the road that is closed this year.

You can see our report of the tour in post #8  at