airport question

Gary Sheer

9 minutes ago, Gary Sheer said:

I have a cruise booked for next Feb 11th on the Wonder ,my question is is it better to fly into Orlando or Melbourne Fl ? 

Melbourne is a small regional airport with limited flights (but you may get lucky). Most will fly out of Orlando which is a major international airport. 

I would advise to fly in at least one day early as who knows what transportation failure can befall you. Believe me, you don't to experience what we did one time. Same day flight to Baltimore with RCI transfer. FFA computer went down. One flight cancelled then second flight cancelled. Third flight was going to get us there by the skin of our teeth. Luckily, Royal had one bus staying as late as they could to get passengers to the ship. We made it with 30 minutes to spare and a whole bunch of shot nerves.

We now always go to the port at least one day early. There is lodging close by and many have a transport van to take you to the ship.

Better??? I would ask you to define what you mean by better?

Since neither Southwest nor Allegient flies into MLB, we'll look at the majors.

And, assuming you want to depart from SYR.

Cheapest?  - MCO

Quickest? MCO

More flights? - MCO

well now wait a minute ....

I happen to be returning to the Melbourne/Cape Canaveral Area by plane soon and the least expensive flight I found WAS to Melbourne .... NOT Orlando

Melb has the advantage of WAY less crowded ... heck there are seldom more than one plane boarding or unloading at a time  .... a long TSA line at Melb is 5 minutes!

I MUCH prefer to use Melbourne or Sanford & avoid Orlando when I can.

p.s. I'm comin' in by DELTA . . . 

p.s.2 there's more than one WONDER .... Disney Wonder, RCCL Wonder of the Seas and I believe Carn' has a Wonder too .....