Heads Up for Latest P&O Protocols

Cruisemeister2002

Hi Everyone. Just a heads up on P&O latest protocols. Received an email from P&O today. It states that " You no longer need to fill in an online Health declaration 3 days prior to your cruise". You do however need proof via a Lateral Flow test no longer than 3 days prior to your cruise showing a NEGATIVE covid test, plus either a driving licence or passport (Up to date, of course), date and time test taken.

I was really making the point of there being no need to fill in the online Health Declaration. This has only just come up as I went to my emails this morning expecting to find the form. Apparently some countries like Spain still require masks to be worn in some shops ? Does seem as you say that proof of covid negative test doesn't apply every cruise. Also many are stating that no one is asking for proof of certain things despite P&O website stating checks will be made and requirements for such documents are necessary. We will ire on the side of caution and take all current requirements according to the P&O website. The last thing we want is to be turned away because we haven't got all the paperwork.

1 minute ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Hardly seen anyone wearing a mask anywhere on this holiday on or off the ship

If I see someone wearing a mask now I kind of assume they must  think theyve got covid and don't want anyone else to catch it

Unless they are vulnerable themselves

1 minute ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Hardly seen anyone wearing a mask anywhere on this holiday on or off the ship

If I see someone wearing a mask now I kind of assume they must  think theyve got covid and don't want anyone else to catch it

Unless they are vulnerable themselves

To be quite honest I think it's best to wear a mask in say a packed lift and maybe the theatre as I have often found even prior to covid that coughs are rife in the theatre. Once one starts it goes around. We both have underlying health issues and on the last but one cruise my wife contracted Norovirus on the last night prior to disembarkation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

To be quite honest I think it's best to wear a mask in say a packed lift and maybe the theatre as I have often found even prior to covid that coughs are rife in the theatre. Once one starts it goes around. 

Totally agree

25 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

We weren't asked to show any proof of anything for the Arvia 14 night Caribbean cruise for barbados

And nobody asked to see proof of our  Barbados immigration online completion either

I kind of think Barbados just trust you if you've got in on a plane from UK!!

Lol

Not even at the UK airport?  

44 minutes ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

I was really making the point of there being no need to fill in the online Health Declaration. This has only just come up as I went to my emails this morning expecting to find the form. Apparently some countries like Spain still require masks to be worn in some shops ? Does seem as you say that proof of covid negative test doesn't apply every cruise. Also many are stating that no one is asking for proof of certain things despite P&O website stating checks will be made and requirements for such documents are necessary. We will ire on the side of caution and take all current requirements according to the P&O website. The last thing we want is to be turned away because we haven't got all the paperwork.

No formal requirements for mask-wearing in Spain now. They were required on public transport up to 7th Feb iirc but all requirements now dropped.

1 minute ago, Britboys said:

No formal requirements for mask-wearing in Spain now. They were required on public transport up to 7th Feb iirc but all requirements now dropped.

Still required in pharmacies I believe.

Just got EMail from P & O stating testing and covid 19 vaccination are no longer necessary except for  cruise J301     

COVID-19 vaccination and testing are no longer mandatory for guests travelling on our holidays, apart from those booked on cruise J301.

We are on N306 on 2nd March which up till now was one of the required to test cruises.   Things changing quite rapidly

1 hour ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

To be quite honest I think it's best to wear a mask in say a packed lift and maybe the theatre as I have often found even prior to covid that coughs are rife in the theatre. Once one starts it goes around. We both have underlying health issues and on the last but one cruise my wife contracted Norovirus on the last night prior to disembarkation.

Unfortunately wearing a mask is not going to protect from norovirus.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

Hi Everyone. Just a heads up on P&O latest protocols. Received an email from P&O today. It states that " You no longer need to fill in an online Health declaration 3 days prior to your cruise". You do however need proof via a Lateral Flow test no longer than 3 days prior to your cruise showing a NEGATIVE covid test, plus either a driving licence or passport (Up to date, of course), date and time test taken.

I think I must have received a different email to you!  Mine, just received says vaccine and testing no longer required on any cruise except the world cruise J301.  We are on K306A Arvia, which before today was one of the cruises not exempt.

3 hours ago, silkworms said:

I think I must have received a different email to you!  Mine, just received says vaccine and testing no longer required on any cruise except the world cruise J301.  We are on K306A Arvia, which before today was one of the cruises not exempt.

Hi, have received a further email after the first one which I flagged up as trying to be helpful and this one said I don't need proof on covid jabs, but recommend that I have had them and I don't have to do a covid test no longer than 3 days prior to cruise. Except as you say J301.

5 hours ago, CCFC said:

Where are you going? I got off Azura Saturday and we didnt need masks, proof of test or proof of vaccinations. It was back to the good old days.

Same here. We joined Azura a couple of weeks ago.  Nothing.