Crown Princess upgrade offer...do not understand cabin differences...help please

Shippy

We currently have a Vista suite on a 10 day cruise on the Crown.

Just received an offer to upgrade to an aft penthouse for $710.pp

a regular penthouse for $660 pp

or a premium suite for $260. pp

I cannot find anything on the premium suite. Would that be worth upgrading from the Vista suite ? The price seems reasonable ...I think   :O)

Do you think ANY of these offers worth while ??

thanks

20 minutes ago, Shippy said:

We currently have a Vista suite on a 10 day cruise on the Crown.

Just received an offer to upgrade to an aft penthouse for $710.pp

a regular penthouse for $660 pp

or a premium suite for $260. pp

I cannot find anything on the premium suite. Would that be worth upgrading from the Vista suite ? The price seems reasonable ...I think   :O)

Do you think ANY of these offers worth while ??

thanks

For us there is no better aft-facing Vista balcony than those on Grand class Princess ships! The fully covered and partially protected balcony is awesome. There is no way we would swap ours let alone pay more for any other cabin on the ship. But that is just me as I love sitting on the balcony, rain or shine. 😊

image.png.88c9da0037466a348ff06d6223ac9789.png

Edited by Ken the cruiser

I think I'd keep E732.

My favorite suite (that I could afford) was D737 or D736.  D736 is right above E732.  The Dolphin deck aft suites have a huge balconies.  I think your balcony in E732 is going to be a bit narrower, but fully covered.

The Caribe deck aft suites are shifted more inboard and have a very large structural element in the middle of the balcony, so, not a much room to move around, some odd deck furniture placement.  Specifically C751 and C750 have that huge structural element in the middle of the balcony.  I think C749 and C748 do not have the structural element, but I'm not sure.  C749 and C748 are a higher category of suite than C751 and C750, possibly due to balcony size and design.

I hope this helps a little.  You'll want to know what exact cabin they are assigning you based on what you are paying before making the switch.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jeromep said:

I think I'd keep E732.

My favorite suite (that I could afford) was D737 or D736.  D736 is right above E732.  The Dolphin deck aft suites have a huge balconies.  I think your balcony in E732 is going to be a bit narrower, but fully covered.

The Caribe deck aft suites are shifted more inboard and have a very large structural element in the middle of the balcony, so, not a much room to move around, some odd deck furniture placement.  Specifically C751 and C750 have that huge structural element in the middle of the balcony.  I think C749 and C748 do not have the structural element, but I'm not sure.  C749 and C748 are a higher category of suite than C751 and C750, possibly due to balcony size and design.

I hope this helps a little.  You'll want to know what exact cabin they are assigning you based on what you are paying before making the switch.

Not unhappy with current cabin but curiosity about the Premium suite.

Obviously some kind of upgrade very little money but VERY hesitant to make the trade since I cannot find any info on that category !

Also curious about what people think about the offers .

Just now, Shippy said:

Not unhappy with current cabin but curiosity about the Premium suite.

Obviously some kind of upgrade very little money but VERY hesitant to make the trade since I cannot find any info on that category !

Also curious about what people think about the offers .

In the upgrade material they provided you did they provide the suite level label, usually listed as S1, S2, S3 and so on.  The lower the number the higher the price for the suite, and presumably the more desirable the suite is or the larger it is.

I suspect that a Premium suite is going to be an aft suite, but with a larger balcony or an unobstructed balcony.  Plus, your Emerald deck suite is located above Club Fusion, so you may get some noise bleed in the evenings.  A more expensive suite would likely be located away from public venues.

I'm not all that impressed with the prices for either of the penthouse offerings.  I'm working on memory here, but there is a block of suites midship on the Grand class ships, like the Crown, which usually are considered desirable and go for more than the aft suites.  Again, I could be wrong.

Finally found a youtube on the Premium suite.

It is upfront. Although I like the cabin better, the bathroom totally rules it out. MUCH smaller than any of the other suites with a tub you have to step in to use the shower.