UDP

42 minutes ago, alliecat1970 said:

I want to thank each and every one of you for these responses, Im still kinda torn its just my 13 yr old and I, on this trip but this is my highlight I enjoy the specialties, he will probably care less lol. Im going of sit if they cannot get me in I will go to front desk and cancel the plan after I visit the restaurants, I don't expect to get my exact time but I don't want to eat at 9 pm either.   Thank You again, Janet

I don’t think you can cancel the package onboard - I think the cut off is 48 hours before the cruise. If they do let you do it, you might get refunded with OBC.

1 hour ago, Donsyb said:

I don’t think you can cancel the package onboard - I think the cut off is 48 hours before the cruise. If they do let you do it, you might get refunded with OBC.

The 48 hours is the cutoff for getting a refund instead of OBC.  If you cancel onboard you get OBC, though I am not sure how many days in before they say you can't get prorated OBC for the remaining days.

12 hours ago, LouTheGlue said:

I was NOT able to make any changes throughout the cruise for any dinner reservations, I was always told everything is booked.

At that point (first day when things were not looking good) you could have simply cancelled the UDP and got your money back (via refundable OBC) - others have reported doing that.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

The 48 hours is the cutoff for getting a refund instead of OBC.  If you cancel onboard you get OBC, though I am not sure how many days in before they say you can't get prorated OBC for the remaining days.

From what I’ve read if one cannot make satisfactory reservations before using the package, they can get a refundable OBC for the unused UDP.

Personally, if I had already consumed meals using the package, then requested a refund of the UDP, I would expect to be billed full list price for all the meals I had consumed and receive refundable OBC for the UDP.  Royal would be foolish to routinely refund a prorated amount, as unscrupulous sorts could book the UPD, eat embarkation lunch in a specialty restaurant, perhaps enjoy a bit of sushi or a bite at playmakers, have a full dinner at 150 CP (or another expensive restaurant) on night one then go to GS to request a refund of the UDP.  

• Like 1

We had to wait in lines to get booked for all our evenings. Take a pen and paper with you with your show times and work around that.  We were forced to take some 5 pm or it was 9.  However we were also able to switch one or two at the end of the week.  It doesn’t hurt to ask for a different time later after the big rush of the first day or 2 is over.  We found Chops the hardest to get into but really the rest fell into place.  

10 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

I didn't think the restaurants that were not open for lunch were open for taking reservations either. Maybe depends on the ship... 

3 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

In my experience they have been and they were happy to help. I recall we had to book Wonderland at Wonderland when we had it on Anthem, but that may have been a problem with reservations that day. Other than that it was very efficient. Of course, I could be wrong and this may not be the case fleet wide but it can't hurt to try.

My experience also.  Staff is at the podium even if the restaurant is not serving.

• Like 1

My last 2 cruises specialty restaurant’s never full. If you call they say sorry no Res available. If you stand in front of them and ask politely they seat you. On 3 occasions on Oasis We where told no tables available 

but where seated in 5 mins of asking.

4th  time we where told come back in 15 mins 

I don’t believe there always booked many people change plans as the cruise goes on 

so Res made on first day are forgotten /missed. The restaurants keep it fluid 

• Like 2