On Board Credits

Swango

Is it correct that non-refundable OBC (from a TA or HIA) cannot be used to book excursions or specialty restaurants *in advance*, e.g., before one is on board?

If so, if one already has a beverage package, then I assume one could only use the OBC credit on board for things like extra cost wine and liquor (e.g., bottles of wine), the gift shop, the spa (also only booked on board) , or special events (like a wine testing) that have a fee (please advise if I misstated this -- thanks in advance).

On my last cruise I didn't have enough OBC to bother thinking about, but I will have quite a bit on the next one. 

Just now, Catlover54 said:

Is it correct that non-refundable OBC (from a TA or HIA) cannot be used to book excursions or specialty restaurants *in advance*, e.g., before one is on board?

That is correct - OBC, whether refundable or non-refundable, cannot be used until onboard.  We first use ours for unlimited laundry and booking Specialty Dining that's not included in HIA. 

• Like 2

On 2/28/2023 at 3:59 PM, Swango said:

If one does not use their entire on board credit by the end of the cruise, does the unused balance carried over to one's next cruise, or is it lost?

In addition to the previous answers: if you do not know how to spend those remaining dollars: ask Guest Service to book it to the personnel/crew fund HAL has for special needs of members of the crew. I am so sorry that I donot remember the exact name of that fund. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MAVIP said:

In addition to the previous answers: if you do not know how to spend those remaining dollars: ask Guest Service to book it to the personnel/crew fund HAL has for special needs of members of the crew. I am so sorry that I donot remember the exact name of that fund. 

Thank you! I didn't know about that fund, but I will check it out. I booked a cruise for next summer on the early booking promo. I have HIA including "crew appreciation" and $400 OBC (plus the shareholder OBC). If drinks, tips, and some excursions are paid for (and I will pre-book and pay for other excursions), I didn't know what I would do with so much OBC.  But now I do!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1