Shore Excursions, O website has issues.

pmatawan

46 minutes ago, basor said:

Yes - we canceled at 110 days out so in cancellation window for the $250.00 administrative fee.    We had not made final payment nor in the cancelation window of 90 days or less,  One cruise was canceled incurring the administrative fee and then booked a new cruise and was told (and appears on my invoice) that the $250.00 was credited to that cruise, 

Does your new invoice  show  the admin fee will be an FCC if cancelled during a certain time?

Maybe the new rule  is  one of those "it depends"  deals  LOL

My invoice is like the one in the link I posted only without  the ++

15 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Does your new invoice  show  the admin fee will be an FCC if cancelled during a certain time?

Maybe the new rule  is  one of those "it depends"  deals  LOL

My invoice is like the one in the link I posted only without  the ++

I have never had an invoice or seen where it states the the admin fee will be an FCC - it just always has been in the 12 years I have been sailing on O.  I asked @Jancruz to weigh in as she, generally, has the best information

2 minutes ago, basor said:

I have never had an invoice or seen where it states the the admin fee will be an FCC - it just always has been in the 12 years I have been sailing on O.  I asked @Jancruz to weigh in as she, generally, has the best information

You have never had an invoice  for  O or your TA ?? 😲

yes in  almost 20 yr with O no issues

but this is new  policy this year

Glad it worked out for you

5 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Sorry - I meant I have never had an invoice with that wording (administrative fee will be a FCC)....I always have both the O and TA invoice for every cruise.

It will be interesting to see if it was because my canceled cruise was booked in 2022 so that is why when I canceled and booked a new one in 2023 that it fell under the "old" rule.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I just checked the cancellation wording on the O invoice on the canceled cruise and it does not say that the administrative fee will be a FCC

Called back today (did not find any name on my invoice so I had to wait another 30 mins) and got someone more helpful who was able to confirm my 6 shore excursions (to qualify for the discount) and make final payment.

Normally I would not book so many ship excursions but I have learned from following years of cruises to Greenland that there are very very few private excursions available after the ship books up most services .... and this cruise has four stops there.

I'm all set!

I would like to share my experience of the last 24hrs booking tours through the web site.

I had 12 tours each in our cart with the understanding that I would get a 25% discount.  I blindly paid the balance owning then immediately thought – that seemed a bit excessive.  The web site didn’t allow me to check the breakdown of the tour account after i paid it so I had to do the math from the tour selections on the cruise site.  It was then I realized they hadn’t given me the 25% discount. 

I contacted my TA and this is the response I got this morning-   

“I have spoken to Oceania this morning and have to say she was so helpful.
What she has done is changed your O'life choice to the 7 free shore excursions per person and then you get the 25% discount off the others so brings the total price down to $1514.50 AUD. You will receive a refund on your credit card of $1948.50 AUD within the next 7 days.”

Needless to say, I am very happy and it only emphasized the importance of having a good Travel Agent.  I have never dealt with Oceania (Australian Office) directly but it would seem they are very helpful but the website has some short comings.

• Thanks 2

On 2/28/2023 at 12:07 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

We use the constantly updated shore excursions PDF as well as the website to select our tours. But, realize that the PDF, the web and the phone reps system almost never jive completely on what’s available.

Where do you find the "updated shore excursions PDF"??

33 minutes ago, Libra10 said:

Last time I called O, the rep suggested I copy and paste all the excursions into my own document. 

Is there a link to the PDF that you would be willing to share?

Thank you.

If you don't have a TA, insist that the O rep send the pdf (still refuse? talk to a manager). It not only has the shorex info, but also the YWC and UPC info specific to your cruise. It also has the legal stuff regarding cancelled shorex and cancelled ports...kinda useful to know.

53 minutes ago, Libra10 said:

Last time I called O, the rep suggested I copy and paste all the excursions into my own document. 

Is there a link to the PDF that you would be willing to share?

Thank you.

Ask for updated Oceania invoice. The excursions PDF should be attached to your invoice.