Excursions went up again on my Europe sailing

Eli_6

At least on my Europe cruise.  If you are on a Europe cruise, you may want to  book asap because they have raised them twice recently that I am aware of.

Will post a few pics of price increases I noticed.  

This is not meant to be a debate but an FYI for anyone who was holding off on booking.  

20230228_144700~3.jpg

20230228_145314.jpg

20230228_144721~3.jpg

20230228_145037.jpg

20230228_144632~3.jpg

20230228_144759.jpg

Wow!  I have booked most of my excursions for my three 2023 European cruises.  Every single one is now more expensive, with increases ranging from 10% to 37%, most around 22%.  And I thought they were expensive when I booked!  Even the bus transfer from Victoria to Dover is more.  I am still debating about some options in Copenhagen, but with the new prices, I think I will just take a local bus or tram into the city to explore on my own.  

Edited by Joanne G.
  • Like 1

We have B2B out of Rome and booked several of our excursions through Carnival when I saw this post.  Now all of them have gone up $20 to $30 per person.  We have 13 ports of call and have 6 booked through Carnival.  It would cost us $256 more if we were to book now.  I am grateful for the heads up on the increases.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

You can always cancel an excursion before the cruise, so if remotely interested, why not book?

I also book cancel-able hotels if I'm even thinking about a specific cruise. Shop around later.

That is what I usually do.  I do this for all vacations including cruises and land ones.  In fact I booked our hotel in Rome back in July 2022 and my cruises aren't until September and October of this year.  I am glad I did as prices are higher now because the Ryder Cup is starting the first day of my first cruise of the B2B.  I was waiting for some of the ports to even have excursions posted which just happened recently.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, luv2trvlnow said:

That is what I usually do.  I do this for all vacations including cruises and land ones.  In fact I booked our hotel in Rome back in July 2022 and my cruises aren't until September and October of this year.  I am glad I did as prices are higher now because the Ryder Cup is starting the first day of my first cruise of the B2B.  I was waiting for some of the ports to even have excursions posted which just happened recently.  

Ryder Cup will REALLY drive the prices up.  We have been to the Masters and the price of the hotels was crazy in Augusta...which is a small town with not much there...like $800 per night for Holiday Inn Express. When we went to The Open in 2022 for their 150th anniversary, we ended up staying like an hour away because there was NOTHING in St. Andrews at all. It ended up not being a problem at all because we rented a car and they had plenty of free parking and would shuttle you in. They even had a field full of tents that you could rent, but I don't have any desire to stay in a tent with my kids. 

23 hours ago, ashkir said:

One of mine got canceled, went up by $40 and the same exact thing is available. Didn't even honor the lower price. 

Now that's just unfair.