Discounts at specialty dining restaurants

rlujhf

1 hour ago, rlujhf said:

Do Holland America ships ever offer discounts at specialty dining restaurants after cruises have started, just to fill empty seats?

In my experience, it has been a good number of years since the last time i have heard of it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

With the Have It All promo giving free dining in the Speciality restaurants, it is very difficult to book additional seats, even at full price.  

Agree as our experience has been exactly the same. Never had an issue getting the day we wanted when we book it online before the cruise, however, I think that will change with significantly more cruises being sold out in the future.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rlujhf said:

Do Holland America ships ever offer discounts at specialty dining restaurants after cruises have started, just to fill empty seats?

We just got off the Rotterdam. Unless you want to dine very early or very late, book before you board the ship.  Hopefully shortly after they open reservations.   I did not see any discounts.  The Have it All promotion has filled most of the restaurants.

We generally book once onboard to avoid the hassle of redoing the charges due to our discount.  Since we like to dine the first night and generally on a late port night, we have not experienced any problems with this (very often the first night is VERY lightly attended).