The Recent Subforum

klfrodo

I'm not sure if the mods will allow this to stay up, but, I'm very disappointed.

I was interested to see and hear how IMT would reach out and help people understand the very complicated nuances of travel insurance and to earn their business. I purposely stayed away from some of the threads to give IMT their opportunity to show their interest and bring their own additional perspective.

They failed miserably in my opinion. I thought they were going to be here for a month at least. It appears that their understanding was that the forum was to fill up with questions, and they were only required to answer each question once and move on after only a day. Maybe that was just a miscommunication between CC and IMT. Maybe they just don't feel that this community was that important. I don't know.

Now I see a broker competitor is stepping in to help answer some of the follow-up questions that IMT failed to follow-up on. As a supporter of that broker, I want to say thanks for stepping up and trying to help those who have been left wondering what the heck is going on. As a person who enjoys competition and the free market, maybe the fine people of CC could reach back out to IMT and help them understand that they missed an opportunity and maybe didn't understand the spirit or intent of providing them with their own sub-forum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

I'm not sure if the mods will allow this to stay up, but, I'm very disappointed.

I was interested to see and hear how IMT would reach out and help people understand the very complicated nuances of travel insurance and to earn their business. I purposely stayed away from some of the threads to give IMT their opportunity to show their interest and bring their own additional perspective.

They failed miserably in my opinion. I thought they were going to be here for a month at least. It appears that their understanding was that the forum was to fill up with questions, and they were only required to answer each question once and move on after only a day. Maybe that was just a miscommunication between CC and IMT. Maybe they just don't feel that this community was that important. I don't know.

Now I see a broker competitor is stepping in to help answer some of the follow-up questions that IMT failed to follow-up on. As a supporter of that broker, I want to say thanks for stepping up and trying to help those who have been left wondering what the heck is going on. As a person who enjoys competition and the free market, maybe the fine people of CC could reach back out to IMT and help them understand that they missed an opportunity and maybe didn't understand the spirit or intent of providing them with their own sub-forum.

Thanks, klfrodo.

I had thought that IMT was "following" but couldn't remember why I thought that.  Duh on me!  The top of that sub-forum page has the list of at least some who follow, and it appears they were following since *very* early.  Doesn't that mean that they'd get some sort of notification that someone was posting there?

That makes it even more confusing, if they should have been notified when there were questions or comments for them on the section dedicated specifically to them.

Worse, I found their incredible lack of responsiveness to be tricky...  I initially didn't feel comfortable answering with information about "possible competition", even though it seemed that might be very valuable to the CC member posting/asking a question.

Finally, I decided to answer a few of the queries, but usually hesitantly/carefully not to step on IMT's toes.  But if they are simply ignoring all of the recent questions posed to them, leaving those CC members with NO information at all... that certainly didn't seem right.

I suspect that klfrodo and we feel pretty much the same, and it's mostly disappointment with IMT.

There's also considerable confusion.  What was the point of the IMT sub-forum?

Insurance can be SO valuable!

We've had quite a few claims, including some large ones, so we can definitely attest to the fact that travel insurance is not simply wasted money; that "self insuring" would *not* have been better (in our case).  *Some* travelers really do collect serious money when the travel insurance is needed.  The claims *are* paid (at least by our insurer, in our case) when the forms are filled out properly and receipts are included in the claim submission.

GC

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

One additional thought I have is, we who frequently visit this forum receive, give and expect more detailed information from a resident contributor than what IMT was providing or giving insight on...

Then again, it is possible that IMT was not aware of how we interact here and what details or information sought to help give accurate info on situations presented.

But be that as it may, as I said in that sub-forum, I know where I will continue to go to get information and support for my travel insurance needs/requirements.

My thanks to everyone here who has contributed, further, to my understanding of travel insurance.

bon voyage

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2023 at 12:54 PM, klfrodo said:

Thank you SO much for eloquently and discreetly posting this. I 100% share your disappointment.. I’ve avoided engaging in that Sub-forum due to fear of violating any community rules.

Edited by JaneStarr
Clarity