Suite vs. Reserve collection mini-suite

RMac713

I'm looking into some Enchanted Princess cruises for next spring.  I have been on 6 DCL and one Celebrity with two more Celebrity booked.  We are in sky suites on Celebrity.  I'm trying to find out the differences between the suite class on Princess and the Reserve collection mini-suite.  I know they both have a special dining area.  We would be doing Princess Plus so we would get $150 OBC and drinks.  What about special areas on the ship?  I know the Sanctuary costs, but is the Reserve area just for suite guests or the mini-suites as well?  I don't like the bustle of the main pool area.  If I can still have a place to hang out with fewer crowds I could save a couple of thousand dollars with the mini-suite.  

Welcome to Princess.  You and many others have been confused by Princess.  Now that they have renamed Club Class mini suites to Reserve Collection mini suites, it compounds the problem.

Neither ClubClub not Reserve Collection are full suites.  They are an enhanced balcony with more square footage (living room sitting area).   The only thing they have in common is the Club Class main dining room experience.  There is a separated dining area within the MDR, usually on Deck 6.  They have absolutely no suite perks.

You would need to book a full suite in order to have the special perks.  This includes a one time set up minibar, suite breakfast, express free laundry, 2 bottles of water daily, and a few other perks that you can see on the website.

I believe the only suite with really special areas is the Sky Suite on the Sky Princess.  There will be some new reserved areas on Princess’ new ship, the Sun Princess.  Nothing confirmed yet.  

Some ships have a thermal suite for full suite guests.  That varies greatly from ship to ship.

Some of the biggest differences between full and mini suites are full suites get free mini suite, special breakfast in a specialty restaurant and free laundry plus the use of a concierge on Royal class ships. As far as I know there are no pools set aside for any class of cabins. And of corse the full suite has the nice big shower, separate WC and more room

Reserve Collection Mini suite (formally Club Class mini suite) main benefit is the Club Class dining. That is the main benefit. Not much else is very important.

Full Suite passengers also can dine in the club class section of the DR. and are eligible for the special full suite breakfasts. The special full suite breakfasts are one of the better benefits, way better than room service breakfasts.

With the exception of the concierge lounge for full suite passengers, there are no special pools or lounging areas on the Enchanted Princess exclusive for full suite or mini suite passengers. All areas are open to all passengers. There is no Reserve Area on the Enchanted Princess. Not sure where you see this on the deck plans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Are you thinking about the forward Retreat Pool for adults only (sometimes)?  That is open to everyone but rarely used.

That's what I was thinking of.  Thanks!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 3/2/2023 at 1:41 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

Are you thinking about the forward Retreat Pool for adults only (sometimes)?  That is open to everyone but rarely used.

On Celebrity at this time all suites have access to the Retreat Sundeck on E Class ships. This is a private outdoor area with a small pool, lounge chairs, bar and lunch area. None of Celebrity's other class of ship have a private pool for suite guest. You also get a suites restaurant called Luminae for breakfast, lunch (sea days) and dinner and a Retreat Lounge.

https://www.google.com/search?q=celebrity+Edge+Retreat+pool&sca_esv=557123608&hl=en&sxsrf=AB5stBiSp_lQhnsfq194cv6s1XVoU6dhYQ%3A1692114205365&source=hp&ei=HZ3bZN3PE43g0PEP57uEiA0&iflsig=AD69kcEAAAAAZNurLWs17fWK0TjN7CVVB9bN5f6u_Sn8&oq=&gs_lp=Egdnd3Mtd2l6IgBIAFAAWABwAHgAkAEAmAEAoAEAqgEAuAESyAEA-AEG&gs_ivs=1&sclient=gws-wiz#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:09e6cfe5,vid:JbE08p-kfnQ

• 6 months later...

I just experienced the reserve collection on my last cruise 02/24/2024 and for me its totally worth it. They will accomodate any dish you prefer even though not in their daily menu. Service is top quality. Reserve collection mini suites do sell out quick because they only allow few rooms assign during reservations & they will put you in the best cabin locations of the the ship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jakec21 said:

I just experienced the reserve collection on my last cruise 02/24/2024 and for me its totally worth it. They will accomodate any dish you prefer even though not in their daily menu. Service is top quality. Reserve collection mini suites do sell out quick because they only allow few rooms assign during reservations & they will put you in the best cabin locations of the the ship.

I always cruise in full suites with Reserve dining. While there is an extra entree at lunch and dinner I have never found that I can just get anything I want

Guest Snaxmuppet
Posted (edited)
On 3/2/2023 at 9:41 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

No... it IS adults only. 

OK, sometimes kids do get in occasionally but it is an adults only pool.

Edited by Snaxmuppet

3 hours ago, voyager1964 said:

Could you please elaborate on that?

Just tell them a specific dish you want if they can prepare it for you. If it is not available that day you can request in advance and talk to reserve collection restaurant manager. I requested Chilean Sea Bass and some days crispy pork.

• Thanks 1