Modifying Dining Time MTD

4 minutes ago, Mary Louise said:

Hi,

Is there a way to modify your MTD times without cancelling and rebooking the reservation? I am concerned that if I cancel and there is not a new time that I like I might lose my original time. 

Thank you

ML

Safer to go day 1 and change onboard.

• Like 1

Do you have a precise time to modify, and if so how much time do you want to modify?  

I only mention because while on Grandeur in January I noticed something I had never noticed before.  DW and I had MDR second seating at 8:00 pm.  The first night we noticed a table of 6 with 4 people seated.  After they ordered, about the time apps were ready, two others arrived at the table.  You could tell the group did not know each other.

DW and I did not use the occasion to quietly whisper how rude the late arrivals were....er......well, maybe we did.   

Then we noticed others entering the MDR, at 8:20 or so, and wondered if the world had lost all manners. 

The next day day I noticed the sign at the door said, “Second Seating, 8:00 - 8:30.  

So the second night, as DW and I silently ate crow, the late arrivals continued, and this practice continued all week.  We thought 8:00 was the time, but apparently not necessarily.  

So so if your MTD happens to be in that half hour time frame, would an alternative be to switch to Specific seating with a half our window?

Just thinking out loud folks,

Eddie 

3 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Do you have a precise time to modify, and if so how much time do you want to modify?  

I only mention because while on Grandeur in January I noticed something I had never noticed before.  DW and I had MDR second seating at 8:00 pm.  The first night we noticed a table of 6 with 4 people seated.  After they ordered, about the time apps were ready, two others arrived at the table.  You could tell the group did not know each other.

DW and I did not use the occasion to quietly whisper how rude the late arrivals were....er......well, maybe we did.   

Then we noticed others entering the MDR, at 8:20 or so, and wondered if the world had lost all manners. 

The next day day I noticed the sign at the door said, “Second Seating, 8:00 - 8:30.  

So the second night, as DW and I silently ate crow, the late arrivals continued, and this practice continued all week.  We thought 8:00 was the time, but apparently not necessarily.  

So so if your MTD happens to be in that half hour time frame, would an alternative be to switch to Specific seating with a half our window?

Eddie 

Thats what we found a few months ago on Quantum, waiters said come in anytime between 7:45 and 8:30.  We were at a table for 6 so we all agreed on 8pm. Hard to imagine 6 or 8 people arriving over a 45 minute window, we would definitely change tables if that was the case.  

29 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Eddie 

Crazy!

2 months before cruise, I reserved 7:30 MTD most nights, and 8:30 for two nights with late port call.  Each evening I would chat with the hostess, and change the next days time if needed.  Never was a problem.  This even worked for dining on day 1, as I had the Key lunch on arrival, and moved my day 1 dining time to fit the evening's entertainment.

• Like 1

I have not seen an answer to the OP's question, "Is there a way to modify your MTD times without cancelling and rebooking the reservation?".

Based on the responses, it appears to be "no" but I'd like to know as well.

3 hours ago, day-day said:

Based on the responses, it appears to be "no" but I'd like to know as well.

There is/was a modify option in the app and I think it used to work when doing it on the ship but don't recall if it worked pre-cruise.

• Thanks 1