2025 world cruise Capetown to Southampton

On 3/3/2023 at 10:10 AM, Windsurfboy said:

Never sailed Fred before. Do they sell seperate legs for world cruises. When do they release them . Interested in the  Capetown to UK leg of world cruise in 2025

They can do, but would be much nearer to the sailing time, perhaps only three months before sailing  They used to do fly cruises on Boudicca in more recent years which they split into small cruises, often only two weeks in length, but obviously some people took a number of those together.  As Fred has never done a lot in the way of contracting flights though, his flights have always been expensive, yet a good number of people would not want to book a flight separately, so sectors of the long cruises are not really a big seller for Fred.  It is a case of just keeping an eye on it and perhaps ringing Fred from time to time.   Fred has an around Africa cruise going out at the end of this year, (Nov 19th to Feb 23rd) and it is possible that may be split at Cape Town, since it is there, I think 4 nights. So perhaps another option for you to consider.

Agents tend to be happy to package a cruise, flight and stay, which is what we used to do to combine with Boudicca's travels.  We.have had some good individual land tours tailor made for us, or just planned our own thing.

On 3/3/2023 at 10:10 AM, Windsurfboy said:

Never sailed Fred before. Do they sell seperate legs for world cruises. When do they release them . Interested in the  Capetown to UK leg of world cruise in 2025

I see the world cruise for early 2024 has already been split into segments, so I rang to ask if there are any plans to split the Africa one for next winter.  As expected, I was told no plans at present, but my name was taken as someone interested in part of that cruise, when I pushed them a bit.  Prevously there was no interest at all in taking my details.  Fingers are crossed 🙂

On 3/3/2023 at 3:10 AM, Windsurfboy said:

We are on the November 2023 to February 2024 round Africa cruise on Bolette, which stops in Cape Town on the way to Southampton. There is no sign of it being divided into segments as yet, but maybe it will be closer to sailing, and that might be an indication of whether the 2025 cruise will do the same. 

• Like 1