Is the upgrade from MS to PS worth it?

boogiedownwanda

Hey y’all! Just got my bidding offer to go from a mini suite to a premium suite for $675 per person.  I’m traveling w my DH and two adult sons (26 and 19).  Is the upgrade worth the extra $$ or should I save that for spending cash?  This is for a Mediterranean cruise on Enchanted.  This is my first Princess and Europe cruise so I’m overwhelmed!

TIA!!

Just now, boogiedownwanda said:

Hey y’all! Just got my bidding offer to go from a mini suite to a premium suite for $675 per person.  I’m traveling w my DH and two adult sons (26 and 19).  Is the upgrade worth the extra $$ or should I save that for spending cash?  This is for a Mediterranean cruise on Enchanted.  This is my first Princess and Europe cruise so I’m overwhelmed!

TIA!!

I believe the premium suites are way up front.  They are fabulous cabins with full suite perks but you have to also consider the location.  You will experience more movement up front, so if you get sea sick, that wouldn’t be a room I would choose.  They also have a long but very shallow balcony.  

• Thanks 1

Truly an individual choice.  There are many who post here who only sail in Suites, so we know where they will come out, and that is fine.  I personally detest the location of most of the Suites on Princess Ships (all the way up front, or all the way aft) and I would never pay extra for those cabins.  But again, that is me. I am not at all intrigued by the wake view.  Enchanted does have Penthouse Suites which are mid-aft on Riviera Deck.  One of the few ships to include those.  Not sure if those are in play for you, but for me, they would be more enticing.  

Med Cruises are port-intensive and if you are off the ship at 8:00 a.m. most days, back on again at 4:30, then enjoy cocktails, dinner and some evening entertainment, the extra room in the cabin would not be all that necessary.  That is the way we tend to travel, so again, I would not spend the extra money.  Some day I will find a cruise where the cabin location and itinerary will make me try out a Suite.  But so far, nothing has enticed me to do so.  

2 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

The OP did not actually state that all 4 would be in the same cabin

I assumed that they would not be stowaways,...hence I worded it the way I did. 😁

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

The OP did not actually state that all 4 would be in the same cabin...hence I worded it the way I did.

I stand corrected!  I was going on what was stated in the first post.  Hope you get it!  Sounds like it would be a great upgrade.

• Like 1

We had a premium suite and loved it, however I am not sure where everyone would sleep. the living room area is pretty small, so it  seems like a rollaway bed would have to be placed in the bedroom. The split bathroom would be a bonus with 4 people. We made good use of the concierge lounge because we did not have a drink package.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boogiedownwanda said:

TIA!!

If you are not in a Reserve Collection Mini Suite (formerly known as Club Class) then I would say it would be highly worth it just for the ability for your family to have breakfast every morning in Sabatini's and then be able to eat when you want to at night in the Reserve Class section of the MDR.  

Also it sounds like you are not Elite, so being able to send out free laundry every day would be a huge plus on a port intensive cruise like the Med.

You will also have access to a private lounge with a concierge and a wide variety of other perks.  A suite should could be quite a bit more spacious than a mini suite.  Go for it and I might even increase my bid a little if the few out of many perks I mentioned sound worth it.

Here is some more info on Princess Suite perks:

https://www.princess.com/learn/ships/staterooms/suites/

• Like 1

For me personally the extra room is well worth it when you have more than two in the same cabin.  My sister, mother and myself will be sharing an aft penthouse on an upcoming cruise on the Royal and the split bathroom and concierge room access that @donswife mentioned were both big factors in choosing the larger suite.    

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Truly an individual choice.  There are many who post here who only sail in Suites, so we know where they will come out, and that is fine.  I personally detest the location of most of the Suites on Princess Ships (all the way up front, or all the way aft) and I would never pay extra for those cabins.  But again, that is me. I am not at all intrigued by the wake view.  Enchanted does have Penthouse Suites which are mid-aft on Riviera Deck.  One of the few ships to include those.  Not sure if those are in play for you, but for me, they would be more enticing.  

Med Cruises are port-intensive and if you are off the ship at 8:00 a.m. most days, back on again at 4:30, then enjoy cocktails, dinner and some evening entertainment, the extra room in the cabin would not be all that necessary.  That is the way we tend to travel, so again, I would not spend the extra money.  Some day I will find a cruise where the cabin location and itinerary will make me try out a Suite.  But so far, nothing has enticed me to do so.  

I assumed that they would not be stowaways,...hence I worded it the way I did. 😁

Very sensible advice - thank you!! It’s what I was thinking as well (re the cabin will just be for showering and sleeping) 😊

• Like 2