Brickell info for HaveDogWill Travel and others

Host CJSKIDS

@HaveDogWillTravel here is some info on wine and liquor stores in the Brickell are by The Hampton Inn.

You do have 2 Publix stores within walking distance and both have a small wine department but only the one that is located on Coral Way will have a separate liquor store if you want alcohol as well.

A5 Liquor store which is around the corner and owned by someone I know has quite a few wine choices (some amazing) as well as alcohol.  Jeffrey has a great store but his prices are higher because he can charge them!

Brickell Wine Bank at 950 Brickell Bay Drive is another great store in the Brickell area and has both wine and liquor.  It's not a far walk from the hotel. 

If you let me know what kind of restaurants you are looking for, I'm happy to give some suggestions.  There are some great locally owned places in the walkable area as well as some higher end chain restaurants.  From quick bites to fine dining, you will have lots of choices.  

• Like 2

You’re welcome!

For cuban in the Brickell area, Cana at The Hyatt Centric on Brickell bay drive is nice.  Cafe Le Trova is a short Uber ride away in Little Havana and is fantastic.  Latin Cafe 2000 is okay, nothing special but is quick and close to you.  Grab a Cuban coffee and a pastilito with guava at their back window for a snack!

I know there are some Indian restaurants outside of Brickell but can’t recommend any because I never went to one!

Est. 33 Thai Brewery and Kitchen at Brickell City Centre is fantastic  Thai Bonding is a great Thai restaurant in Brickell though I’m a bigger fan of Bond’s brother’s restaurant Lung Yai Thai Tapas in Little Havana.  Their Khao Soi is one of my favorite dishes.  Tough restaurant though  because it is small and you can’t only place one order so you have to do it all at once.  Lol  I would go with the first one for a nice dinner  

There are quite a few taco places around but not a great Mexican restaurant per se.  If you want a quick bite there is So Cal cantina which a friend opened.  (Leo actually did the drink menu for Tobacco Road on one of the NCL escape though they don’t do them well!) Coyo Taco is great for tacos and is across from your hotel and Pilos street tacos is also another place.  There is Tacology at Brickell City Centre but I have never had anything great there honestly.  Some people swear by Cantina La Vicente but I think it’s overpriced  though the views and being on Miami River is great  

a great local restaurant is River Oyster and Toscana Divino at Mary Brickell Village is great Italian.  Moxies is  a chain out of Canada but I love the place.  It’s a great place to sit outside and people watch  

We will be in Miami pre-cruise from March 9th to the 13th.  We are staying at the Hampton Inn Brickell.  We want to watch the conference basketball tournaments.  What is the closest sports bar to the Hampton with multiple TV's, and can I safely walk there and back later in the evening?

kenb is right, Batch Gastropub is right there on the ground floor.  Spent quite a bit of time there watching sports.  Moxies over at Mary Brickell Village is another fun place to watch sports.

Thank you for this thread!!  We always stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites and have dinner at Perricone's, now that Perricone's has moved to its new location, is the food still as good as it was before?

Edited by disneylover89

@Host CJSKIDS I am sorry to report I did not get a chance to utilize all the wonderful information in this thread. Due to a medical emergency we had to delay our flight 36 hours. At that point we just took a red eye to Miami and then a flight a couple of hours later to Nassau to join the ship at its first port. Thankfully we only missed 24 hours of the sailing. 

Seems like a lot of people will get useful insider tips though from this discussion. Thanks again for creating it. 

2 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

@Host CJSKIDS I am sorry to report I did not get a chance to utilize all the wonderful information in this thread. Due to a medical emergency we had to delay our flight 36 hours. At that point we just took a red eye to Miami and then a flight a couple of hours later to Nassau to join the ship at its first port. Thankfully we only missed 24 hours of the sailing. 

Seems like a lot of people will get useful insider tips though from this discussion. Thanks again for creating it. 

@HaveDogWillTravel so sorry to hear that you had a medical emergency and went through all of this.  Hope you are/were able to enjoy your cruise and that all is well.  

20 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

@HaveDogWillTravel so sorry to hear that you had a medical emergency and went through all of this.  Hope you are/were able to enjoy your cruise and that all is well.  

Thank you. We are having a great time. I will try to read and contribute to @ORVlive from.