First Time Claim Experience w/Geo Blue

FlaMariner

So we have the Geo Blue Trekker.....It's the annual $250 plan for Her Majesty and I.  

We've never had a claim until recently so thought I'd pass along our experience.  I've always been skeptical of getting $$$ back from a claim w/travel insurance and this claim is not much but passing this along.....

Her Majesty had to visit the infirmary onboard a recent Holland America Line cruise.....The bill was $224 for lab work, etc.  I took all the paperwork and payment receipts and filled out the claim form.  A check for $24 came to us promptly.  There is a $200 deductible.  Yes, I realize this was small but was pleased with the service.  I thought there would be an automatic denial and more complicated hoops to jump thru.  The basic paperwork provided to us from Holland America LIne was sufficient.

All good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We have only had pretty minor claims over the years in our family and all paid promptly.  It’s the very large ones I think is when insurance goes over your claim with a fine tooth comb.

Thank you for posting your experience with Geo Blu-we are checking into various companies for a long cruise we hope to take next year and they are one of them.