Any better times to book Viking ocean?

CHuntMD

We usually book relatively late to take advantage of promos that they offer closer to sailing.  But you should be able to get some onboard credit and delay final payment on the 2025 cruise if you book onboard. 

• Like 2

Our OBC from booking onboard was practically useless on Orion last August. Viking shop on board had basically zero inventory, spa was fully booked, and jewelry was ridiculously priced…lol…however there was an extra 400 $ savings and final payment at 6 months prior to sailing.

2 hours ago, Jjg34219 said:

Our OBC from booking onboard was practically useless on Orion last August. Viking shop on board had basically zero inventory, spa was fully booked, and jewelry was ridiculously priced…lol…however there was an extra 400 $ savings and final payment at 6 months prior to sailing.

Is there a prohibition against using OBC from booking onboard to pay for the SSBP or gratuities?  We're taking our first VO in May and I had planned to book onboard and then use the OBC toward these charges.

21 minutes ago, loriva said:

Is there a prohibition against using OBC from booking onboard to pay for the SSBP or gratuities?  We're taking our first VO in May and I had planned to book onboard and then use the OBC toward these charges.

Nope, that’s what most use them for I believe. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/6/2023 at 2:59 AM, Jjg34219 said:

Actually regardless of the price shown for the jewelry it was not over priced but it was free because you used OBC for it.  Anything you buy w nonrefundable OBC is free.

DON

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

And things change again, my folk's bucket list has the 15 Grand Tour (river) on it and they want to go in 2024.

I need find a better CC for travel, I used to get 3% back on anything travel/hotel but it's now 2%. Will be onboard the end of May, hopefully the boat they picked is not sold out.

CEH in MD

1 hour ago, CHuntMD said:

And things change again, my folk's bucket list has the 15 Grand Tour (river) on it and they want to go in 2024.

I need find a better CC for travel, I used to get 3% back on anything travel/hotel but it's now 2%. Will be onboard the end of May, hopefully the boat they picked is not sold out.

CEH in MD

Chase Saphire....has 2 good travel CCs. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CHuntMD said:

CEH in MD

The AAA credit card from Comenity Bank has 3% rewards on travel (airlines, cruise definitely). Does not have to be booked at AAA.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CHuntMD said:

CEH in MD

If you pay with an ACH debit, Viking gives a 3.3% break on the cost at the time you pay.

• Like 3