North Star on Ovation

Reservations for the North Star expanded experience are available for Day 2 or Day 6 of our Alaskan cruise on Ovation (both at sea days) - is there a better day to book it, or is it really just luck of the draw as to what you see based on where you are at the time? Day 2 we'll have just left Seattle the day before, heading to Sitka and Day 6 we are at sea after having left Juneau and heading to Victoria.

Thanks in advance.

Where do you see this available to book? We are booked on the Ovation this coming July and I thought you couldn't reserve North Star until you were onboard. I looked but can't find it in the cruise planner either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Where do you see this available to book? We are booked on the Ovation this coming July and I thought you couldn't reserve North Star until you were onboard. I looked but can't find it in the cruise planner either.

Extended (pay) version can be booked ahead. Free version is booked onboard.

1 minute ago, crzndeb said:

Extended (pay) version can be booked ahead. Free version is booked onboard.

I would gladly purchase an extended version if it was offered in my cruise planner. I don't see it as an option.

2 minutes ago, jrapps said:

I would gladly purchase an extended version if it was offered in my cruise planner. I don't see it as an option.

I don’t know if it’s like entertainment, and it comes out 1st of the month, before cruise month. Let me check my Ovation bookings and see which are open for reservations. I did reserve the extended on my March cruise.

Just now, crzndeb said:

I don’t know if it’s like entertainment, and it comes out 1st of the month, before cruise month. Let me check my Ovation bookings and see which are open for reservations. I did reserve the extended on my March cruise.

Ah, ok. So if our sailing isn't until July, perhaps it wont appear until June? This is one of my biggest fears on this sailing is getting onboard and finding out that it is sold out and fully booked for the whole cruise.

Just now, jrapps said:

Ah, ok. So if our sailing isn't until July, perhaps it wont appear until June? This is one of my biggest fears on this sailing is getting onboard and finding out that it is sold out and fully booked for the whole cruise.

My May sailing is showing it. On website, go to upper left and use pull down menu. Click onboard activities and see if it shows up. 

2 hours ago, jrapps said:

It just appeared in my planner today for a cruise on April 4.

2 hours ago, crzndeb said:

My May sailing is showing it. On website, go to upper left and use pull down menu. Click onboard activities and see if it shows up. 

Not showing on my May sailing. I think we’re on the same sailing? Honolulu to Vancouver?

edit - and now it’s there! Checked twice before posting, went back now and it’s there. 

Edited by gi_pam
  • Like 1

For our July sailing, I went to Onboard activities, all I see is Sip Tour Brunch, an All Access Tour, Cupcake class, and Sushi class. That's it.

For those that see it, how much are they charging?

Edited by jrapps

38 minutes ago, jrapps said:

For our July sailing, I went to Onboard activities, all I see is Sip Tour Brunch, an All Access Tour, Cupcake class, and Sushi class. That's it.

For those that see it, how much are they charging?

I bet it will show up next month…keep checking. Cost is $19 for extended.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

What is the difference between the free version and extended?

Free is done when in port and they only go up and down not swinging out over the edge.

Edited by acuprulez
typo
  • Like 2

As above poster stated, free is up and down, and extended is over the side at sea. Oh, what a glorious sight the free up and down was tonight in Moorea, French Polynesia with the sunset. Plan accordingly for either free or extended during sunsets. Great pictures. Also the extended is longer.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, crzndeb said:

As above poster stated, free is up and down, and extended is over the side at sea. Oh, what a glorious sight the free up and down was tonight in Moorea, French Polynesia with the sunset. Plan accordingly for either free or extended during sunsets. Great pictures. Also the extended is longer.

8 hours ago, acuprulez said:

Free is done when in port and they only go up and down not swinging out over the edge.

Thank you both!

On 3/5/2023 at 5:28 PM, jrapps said:

Highly recommend doing it on the glazier day...unbelievable experience.

• Like 1