We have decided to jump ship from NCL to HAL!

cruiseagona

5 minutes ago, cruiseagona said:

There are many reasons why people are loyal to cruise lines. Here are some reasons. Some people . . 

1. Do not like change.

2. Do not want to pay for extras. (They like being a gold, platinum or whatever member)

3. Do not want to start over gambling with another cruise line. (They like the free rooms they get because they gamble a whole bunch!)

4. Only go for the ship and not the location and excursion.

5. Like a cheap or expensive cruise line and they stick to that one.

The list goes on and on.

6.  They really like the Freestyle approach.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tcrandal said:

It boggles my mind as to why people would ever be loyal to a cruise line to begin with! We cruise on the ship and schedule that meets our needs, this isn't a monogamous relationship here, it's a business transaction. 

Sounds like us--12 cruises, 5 different lines.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, LloydJr said:

6.  They really like the Freestyle approach.

The Freestyle dress code is why we're loyal to NCL. It sounds like Royal Caribbean is starting to allow shorts/flippie floppies/t-shirts in their dining rooms, so I've started to consider RCL. If another cruise line allows my style of vacation dress, then I'll be looking to try them out real quick! 

• Like 1

I have been pretty loyal to NCL for years (starting in 2010 and cruising up to 3x a year) but I also decided to branch out several years ago and I'm glad I did. We've cruised with Carnival and RCL and have loved every cruise we have been on with them. Most things are the same among the cruise line's for us. We manage to have a great time no matter what line we cruise with. I have thought about trying other cruise lines as well and may check into Holland. I'm up for anything these days. 🙂 I hope you enjoy your cruise (and cruise line). 

• Like 4

Over the years I've done Premier, Carnival, Royal Caribbean, NCL, Holland America, Celebrity and Cunard. Like RCL and NCL the best for my purposes and they both do a lot of cruises out of NY which is just a fairly short train ride. All cruises are good IMO, nice to try different lines.

We are Platinum on Carnival and we decided we were ready for a change.  We tried HAL just before the shutdown and we loved it!

We cruised out of San Diego on one of their older ships.  We booked an Ocean View obstructed and the room was wonderful.  Huge TV right across from the bed.  We enjoy relaxing in our room watching movies and HAL had them FREE!

We LOVED the food.  We only ate in the dining room once so I could have lobster.  We found the selection and quality on Lido top notch and the fresh warm bread selections were heavenly since we normally try and steer clear of bread in our day to day life.

We never left the ship at any port, we were enjoying the ship that much.  We really enjoyed relaxing in the Crow's Nest mornings after our walks and we would get a coffee and the seats were so comfy.

I enjoy no more loud music around the pool and the  retractable pool covers.

When we were in port we would sit out on by the aft pool and enjoy adult beverages and we chatted with other cruisers.  We could see whales right from the ship!

In the evening we really loved BB Kings and it was so much fun watching all the folks dancing.

Yes HAL does lean more toward a mature crowd, which also means fewer kids running wild.

We have an 18 day cruise on HAL to Hawaii booked for January 2024 out of San Diego.

The ONLY thing we miss about no longer living in Florida after 40+ years is being able to cruise from many ports.

I was "afraid" to branch out from Carnival but now I also want to try Celebrity.  Retirement allow us to cruise last minute and anytime we want we are not limited to vacation time.

• Like 3