Australia's Iconic Kimberley with Andrew Daddo | PONANT

AussieBoyTX

Ponant has published another Andrew Daddo travelogue. I'm sure it's promoted in Australia, but haven't seen anything in the US yet. I really enjoyed Beyond the Polar Circle on Le Boreal with Andrew Daddo and look forward to have a chance to sit down and watch this one before we visit the Kimberley ourselves in 2024. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, highplanesdrifters said:

Thanks so very much for posting. We will be there in May. I was just starting to get ready for the trip. Now I'm really excited!

I’m looking forward to your assessment. I only know that it’s a “must do” itinerary and it’s a convenient B2B for us after PNG. 

Edited by AussieBoyTX

18 hours ago, AussieBoyTX said:

I’m looking forward to your assessment. I only know that it’s a “must do” itinerary and it’s a convenient B2B for us after PNG. 

Ditto, B2B, we start in Fiji, PNG, Carins, and then up. We're on Silversea Explorer. Haven't decided if I'll do a live yet. But will report at least a little bit. 😃

• Like 1

Really enjoyed the video.   We have friends from Sydney that did the Kimberly's last year and loved it.  Photos were fantastic.   Their reviews are the reason we are trying Ponant for the first time to see if it's a fit for us.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Loved watching Andrew YouTube Going to South Georgia and Antarctica Nov 07,2023 

Solo female. 

Any posts to speak to others as Ponant not on Roll Calls which I love to use on other cruises.... Thank you for your comments on Ponant. 

My ship is Le Lyrial and so look forward to it. Thanks 

21 hours ago, D_and_Me said:

Solo female. 

Any posts to speak to others as Ponant not on Roll Calls which I love to use on other cruises.... Thank you for your comments on Ponant. 

Yes, there's not a lot of Ponant discussion on Cruise Critic. But -- there are a few of us who are always happy to talk. Maybe there's a thread you could start or join so we can help get you through the wait. 😎

On our trip to Antarctica on Lyrial, there were several solo female guests, both French & non-French. We met several of them on our daily programs.

Solo female. 

• Like 1

Thank you for reaching out. 

Any tips and tricks are welcomed 

I have managed to reach out to another solo woman traveller one my sailing. 

Hope to find more before sailing but I am sure it will be pleasant to meet others onboard as well. 

Best regards Linda 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, D_and_Me said:

Thank you for reaching out. 

Any tips and tricks are welcomed 

I have managed to reach out to another solo woman traveller one my sailing. 

Hope to find more before sailing but I am sure it will be pleasant to meet others onboard as well. 

Best regards Linda 

South Georgia was my favorite part of the trip, not only because of the massive penguin & seal colonies, but also touring the whaling station at Grytviken. It would be so easy for me to have spent the entire cruise there.

• Like 1