Prima random breakfast questions

mitchtech

So my family loves smoked salmon at breakfast and I recently  saw a post where someone said that there wasn't  smoked salmon on the breakfast buffet anymore but instead there was a salmon mouse or salmon spread. I hope someone can clarify this and say it isn't  so! I know we can go to Hudsons but not interested in a sit down breakfast.  I saw Indulge has grab and go bagels with smoked salmon so that could be an option but is there a coffee station there? Any info would be appreciated,  thanks.

For several years pre-pandemic shutdown, NCL removed smoked salmon from the buffet, replacing it with a salmon moose. The stated rationale was to encourage people to use the MDR. 

From the August 2021 restart through November 2022, they had smoked salmon on the buffet on many ships. 

On the Prima, they have reverted to the salmon moose on the buffet. 

October 2022 Prima

5AD5EF44-521A-4FEA-B15F-269F7E5E4092.thumb.jpeg.a0afe17036886ef1f93d66efa53b1d55.jpeg

December 2022 Prima

243FBFDC-A92B-4B52-B1B5-070777BF4385.jpeg.347f5af587229e8d9d2d9441f0663482.jpeg

On our two cruises on the Prima, I did not see salmon at the Indulge, but that does not mean it was not there. I was not specifically looking for it. 

Edited by BirdTravels

On 3/7/2023 at 9:49 AM, BirdTravels said:

For several years pre-pandemic shutdown, NCL removed smoked salmon from the buffet, replacing it with a salmon moose. The stated rationale was to encourage people to use the MDR. 

From the August 2021 restart through November 2022, they had smoked salmon on the buffet on many ships. 

On the Prima, they have reverted to the salmon moose on the buffet. 

October 2022 Prima

5AD5EF44-521A-4FEA-B15F-269F7E5E4092.thumb.jpeg.a0afe17036886ef1f93d66efa53b1d55.jpeg

December 2022 Prima

243FBFDC-A92B-4B52-B1B5-070777BF4385.jpeg.347f5af587229e8d9d2d9441f0663482.jpeg

On our two cruises on the Prima, I did not see salmon at the Indulge, but that does not mean it was not there. I was not specifically looking for it. 

Thanks. Hope they go back to what they had in October  by next month!

Was on the October 15th 12 day Caribbean on Prima. Indulge Food Hall had the smoked salmon bagels at the Seaside Rotisserie. Don't believe everything Bird Travels says. Just because she didn't personally see it doesn't mean that it wasn't available. I had it several times on my cruise.

People who think they are THE AUTHORITY on everything just make me crazy.

Edited by vince_g
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 3/8/2023 at 10:01 AM, mitchtech said:

Has anyone e seen salmon at Indulge lately?

Yes, just got off Prima today.

And the one at Indulge was way better than the one served to me at the main dining room.  

On 3/8/2023 at 10:09 AM, Portia! said:

Hi,

Indulge has a self-serve coffee station similar to the buffet, plus a Starbucks.

Just be aware that when they close between meals, the beverage station is closed.

1 minute ago, FLAHAM said:

The MDRs serve smoked salmon on a bagel with cream cheese, tomato and chives daily.

Yes, but to put in bluntly, the MDR version sucked in comparison to the ones I got in Indulge-at least 2 or 3X the amount of salmon. And more tomato and onion slices