P&O flight info req.

JeanieC,Aston

25 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Looking at a Azura cruise from Malta.

Wife won’t fly unless she has leg room,how do I book legroom on flight from Manchester when booking online?

You can't immediately. 

You have to wait until the seats are released, and be primed and ready at midnight to book them !

I'm sure others will tell you when seats are released - I think 14 weeks prior to your cruise date.

9 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Yep 14 weeks but if you are on a scheduled flight with Jet2 then it is 60 days before and bare in mind Jet2 own Customers can do it straight away. 

Good point about scheduled flights, but I'm guessing that this is probably a charter.

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Good point about scheduled flights, but I'm guessing that this is probably a charter.

It could be since its Manchester it will either be TUI or Jet2 we have been given Jet2 for October even though we booked over a year ago so not sure how the TUI would be filled up so quick or how that part works.

Edited by carlanthony24

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

If Jet 2 are operating the charter, why would TUI be involved ?

I was saying not sure how the TUI flights would be filled up so quick since we booked when the cruise came out. Was wondering how they assign the flights to each booking. If they have to do it manually or its just automatic. I believe that it is the first go to company on the Med cruises with Jet2 being the second.

1 minute ago, carlanthony24 said:

I was saying not sure how the TUI flights would be filled up so quick since we booked when the cruise came out. Was wondering how they assign the flights to each booking. If they have to do it manually or its just automatic. I believe that it is the first go to company on the Med cruises with Jet2 being the second.

Not any more.  Jet2 are now the main charter operator for many of the Northern airports.  AFAIK TUI do not operate any charter flights for P&O to Malta from MAN or BHX.

When you booked, why did you assume you would be flying with TUI ?

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Not any more.  Jet2 are now the main charter operator for many of the Northern airports.  AFAIK TUI do not operate any charter flights for P&O to Malta from MAN or BHX.

Always have flown back or out with TUI we are on a TUI charter from Malta the end of the Month instead of Jet2 to MAN

3 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Always have flown back or out with TUI we are on a TUI charter from Malta the end of the Month instead of Jet2 to MAN

In which case, I apologise - I'll have to recheck my facts.

8 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Looking at a Azura cruise from Malta.

Wife won’t fly unless she has leg room,how do I book legroom on flight from Manchester when booking online?

The only extra legroom seats you will get on the short haul (Azura) flights will be the emergency exit ones and will need to be fairly active to be allowed to book those.  Hence any sort of disability and you will not be allowed book them.  You could always be moved from those seats once on the plane of the aircrew do not think you are able bodied.

Those seats will sell very quickly once seats go on sale, so all a chance uif you would be able to book them or not - you will need to be nippy and keep checking to see if seat bookings are open since the timing of that had been varying a lot.

TUI did most, but not all, charters to Malta last summer, but Jet2 have been doing them for Tenerife.  I do not know about the Malta ones for this year, though as someone said, you could be put on a scheduled flight.  If you book well ahead people seem to be allocated to the charters though, which will be booked preferentially.  Schedule flights are only used if charter not available.

Hope that helps.

Edited by tring

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Our BHX Malta flights are TUI charter in April & May

Just now, Stu UK said:

Our BHX Malta flights are TUI charter in April & May

Yup, I really seem to have dropped the ball on this one ! 

For some reason I was convinced that Jet2 were carrying out the majority of flights.

I will be sitting on the "naughty step" for the rest of the day.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Yup, I really seem to have dropped the ball on this one ! 

For some reason I was convinced that Jet2 were carrying out the majority of flights.

I will be sitting on the "naughty step" for the rest of the day.

That was the case for the winter season for Tenerife Wozz, but each season seems to be negotiated afresh.  We were onboard from Valletta to Tenerife last autumn and the extras like seat bookings and were not released until far nearer the cruise date than the stated 14 weeks.  Extra luggage for the return was not even bookable when we left the UK 23 days earlier, so likely the charter contract details with Jet2 were very late being finalised.  All fought hard over now presumably.

Edited by tring

54 minutes ago, tring said:

That was the case for the winter season for Tenerife Wozz, but each season seems to be negotiated afresh. 

Thank you. In mitigation,  I think I assumed that Jet2 would be used for the summer season as well. In the summer months I assume Jet2 need all their capacity for their own holiday programme.

• Like 1