How do you purchase Club Orange?

Hllb

Just curious how this works. Not sure I want it, but I don't see anywhere I can purchase it for my June 24th cruise. Does that mean it's sold out already?

How do the upgrades work with it? Do they present you the open rooms and let you pick? Or just randomly assign you one?

2 minutes ago, Hllb said:

Just curious how this works. Not sure I want it, but I don't see anywhere I can purchase it for my June 24th cruise. Does that mean it's sold out already?

How do the upgrades work with it? Do they present you the open rooms and let you pick? Or just randomly assign you one?

Call Holland America Line Ship Inventory at 1-888-628-8107 or 206-626-7381.  You cn choose your room so have a deck plan close at hand.  Price is based on number of days.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I booked thorugh a TA, so I had to do CO through her. She was able to give me a list of available cabins, I chose one, and then she called HAL and took care of it. 

Ah, that was going to be my follow up question as I am booked through a TA as well. My other question is, is this refundable if you change your mind? Given the cabin upgrade, I'm definitely assuming not, but wanted to check.

It says it’s non refundable but others have posted they did. That said, if you buy it, then decide no I  don’t really want it but take the cruise I do wonder if it will be lost money.  If you cancel the cruise i suspect you will get the money back. 

6 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I booked thorugh a TA, so I had to do CO through her. She was able to give me a list of available cabins, I chose one, and then she called HAL and took care of it. 

Funny how something’s are different.  I booked thru a TA to get a little better price and I booked CO later directly thru HAL.  Also, made the cabin upgrade to a little better location.  I guess my TA will find out when I make my final payment next month.  

4 minutes ago, Hobby3333 said:

Funny how something’s are different.  I booked thru a TA to get a little better price and I booked CO later directly thru HAL.  Also, made the cabin upgrade to a little better location.  I guess my TA will find out when I make my final payment next month.  

I booked HIA directly through HAL for my last cruise and forgot to tell my TA. When I called to do final payment, she looked at the invoice and at first she thought it was a mistake. You probably should let your TA know. 

How quickly does CO generally sell out? Now I need to decide if I purchase CO and take the upgraded within category, wait to check for an upsell offer (It would be great to upgrade one room to a signature suite for the extra space with our 3 person cabin), or do nothing and save my money LOL. If I wait to see if there are decent upsell offers, CO may be sold out at that point. Final payment for the cruise is 3/25.

12 minutes ago, Hllb said:

How quickly does CO generally sell out? Now I need to decide if I purchase CO and take the upgraded within category, wait to check for an upsell offer (It would be great to upgrade one room to a signature suite for the extra space with our 3 person cabin), or do nothing and save my money LOL. If I wait to see if there are decent upsell offers, CO may be sold out at that point. Final payment for the cruise is 3/25.

Haha, you are like me I overthink and hem and haw trying to decide the best deal. Good luck in your decision. Whatever decision you make will be the right one because you chose it. 

1 minute ago, cruising sister said:

Haha, you are like me I overthink and hem and haw trying to decide the best deal. Good luck in your decision. Whatever decision you make will be the right one because you chose it. 

It's really a curse sometimes LOL....

15 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

I tried that and was told I had to go through my travel agent.  We had booked our cruise a few months earlier.  Then my travel agent was not successful in getting us any compensation having to do with the CO incentive of the upgraded stateroom.  You see, we had already booked in a VA category, and at that time, did not want to upgrade further.  We just wanted to get the small refund between stateroom categories (lowest Verandah to the VA).  It would have been around $450, the cost of paying for CO.  Oh well...what's done is done!!!

4 hours ago, Hllb said:

It does sell out pretty quickly.  Our new dilemma is that we are now in a Vista Suite (paid upgrade), but we would love to upgrade to a Neptune Suite if an upsell should become available.   Since Club Orange is free with Neptune, would we get a refund on that purchase?   Seems to me that I read that  with upsells, you only get the stateroom and none of the perks.  Not that it matters, but does that also mean no Neptune Lounge?  We can take or leave that.  Been in the lounge before and it was frankly boring, and not much offered compared to Celebrity's Suite lounge.

6 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

It does sell out pretty quickly.  Our new dilemma is that we are now in a Vista Suite (paid upgrade), but we would love to upgrade to a Neptune Suite if an upsell should become available.   Since Club Orange is free with Neptune, would we get a refund on that purchase?   Seems to me that I read that  with upsells, you only get the stateroom and none of the perks.  Not that it matters, but does that also mean no Neptune Lounge?  We can take or leave that.  Been in the lounge before and it was frankly boring, and not much offered compared to Celebrity's Suite lounge.

My last upgrade to a Neptune Suite was discounted by the amount I’d paid for Club Orange.  Since your TA doesn’t seem to be very effective you might not get the same results…. Or the offer, even, since it’s sent to the TA and not to you.  By the time you get it the upgrades might be gone.

Yes, if you upgrade to a Neptune Suite you get the Neptune Lounge and all the NS perqs.

6 hours ago, Hllb said:

I booked a cruise for late fall this year.  I was told that I got one of the 5 remaining club orange.  I booked about a month ago.

3 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

My last upgrade to a Neptune Suite was discounted by the amount I’d paid for Club Orange.  Since your TA doesn’t seem to be very effective you might not get the same results…. Or the offer, even, since it’s sent to the TA and not to you.  By the time you get it the upgrades might be gone.

Yes, if you upgrade to a Neptune Suite you get the Neptune Lounge and all the NS perqs.

My TA promises that offers will be sent, but I am not waiting.  I am calling myself if I see availability. 

Also, remember that I would not be upgrading.  It would be an upsell.  Would that still apply to getting the perks?

9 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

My TA promises that offers will be sent, but I am not waiting.  I am calling myself if I see availability. 

Also, remember that I would not be upgrading.  It would be an upsell.  Would that still apply to getting the perks?

Yes, you would still get the perks.  Also, ask for the Club Orange to be refunded since you will have those perks being in a Neptune.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Since Club Orange is free with Neptune, would we get a refund on that purchase?

This is exactly what happened with us on a Hawaii Cruise last year.  CO was refunded after we paid the upsell difference from Signature to Neptune.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

I don’t blame you for making the call.  I learned a long time ago that most TA’s don’t take care of you as well as you will take care of yourself   My TA told me when I first transferred my booking to him to wait until final payment to book CO.   I might have waited and maybe I wouldn’t have been able to purchase CO.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Yes, you would still get the perks.  Also, ask for the Club Orange to be refunded since you will have those perks being in a Neptune.

Thank you!  Crossing my fingers that we can upgrade/upsell.  We will be fine with Vista, otherwise.

1 hour ago, Hobby3333 said:

I don’t blame you for making the call.  I learned a long time ago that most TA’s don’t take care of you as well as you will take care of yourself   My TA told me when I first transferred my booking to him to wait until final payment to book CO.   I might have waited and maybe I wouldn’t have been able to purchase CO.  

That's when we booked, and it was touch and go getting it.