CocoCay Beach Club question

Jetmama1

We are booked on our first cruise that includes CocoCay in October 2024. We see many other excursions/experiences listed for that port, but no beach club access listing. Is it too early? If so, when can you usually purchase access? We are trying to weigh the price difference between a day bed and the club. I know the pricing is dynamic, so I was hoping that earlier booking might be better than later. 

On 3/7/2023 at 10:29 PM, Jetmama1 said:

We are booked on our first cruise that includes CocoCay in October 2024. We see many other excursions/experiences listed for that port, but no beach club access listing. Is it too early? If so, when can you usually purchase access? We are trying to weigh the price difference between a day bed and the club. I know the pricing is dynamic, so I was hoping that earlier booking might be better than later. 

I don’t know about the beach club but if you just want a lounge chair to sit on they are all over the place and free and there are also umbrellas

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, nemesees said:

What is a day bed?

It is a reserved bed that has privacy/shade curtains, loungers and a cooler stocked with water bottles. 

Being that we are going to be there on a day with more than one ship, we prefer to have a spot reserved or the Beach Club with limited access. 

1 hour ago, Jetmama1 said:

Being that we are going to be there on a day with more than one ship, we prefer to have a spot reserved or the Beach Club with limited access. 

Great idea. How would I find the amount of ships on a specific day at this location?

On 3/26/2023 at 7:45 AM, nemesees said:

Found it. Thank you. Also found 2 RCLs will dock at same time. So maybe it is a good idea to reserve a bed.

It's REALLY not necessary.   If you get off within the first hour, you'll have your choice of chairs.  If you get off in the late-morning, you may have to look around for a chair, but they WILL be available.

• 1 month later...

Could somebody who’s been to the CocoCay Beach club give me information about it. We’re interested in knowing if there’s enough chairs at the beach and pool for everybody and is it worth the money compared to just getting a lounge chair on your own?

On 5/17/2023 at 10:40 AM, Marie51 said:

Could somebody who’s been to the CocoCay Beach club give me information about it. We’re interested in knowing if there’s enough chairs at the beach and pool for everybody and is it worth the money compared to just getting a lounge chair on your own?

The thing is, "worth it" to one person isn't "worth it" to another person.

I've been to Coco Cay a bazillion times (okay, maybe a slight exaggeration), and I have never had trouble finding a chair in the regular (free/included) parts of the island.  Chairs are harder to come by near the big pool, especially by lunchtime, but there are always plenty of chairs at all the various beaches, and every other group of chairs has its own umbrella. 

For this reason, it wouldn't be "worth it" to me to pay $150+ to go to the Beach Club.  I have friends who ALWAYS pay the money to go to the Beach Club, and it's "worth it" to them.  

I personally have no need to feel "exclusive" or have a "fancy" lunch on a beach day, so it's just not worth it to me.  (I don't do "fancy" stuff at other ports either.)  Other people feel differently.   

If you can ONLY cruise in a suite and if you can ONLY stay in a five-star hotel, you'll likely find that it's totally "worth it" to you to spend up to $200 per person for a day at the Beach Club.  If you're happy staying at a Holiday Inn Express or cruising in a standard balcony room (or even an inside), you might not find the value in spending that much money.  

My recommendation would be to go to Coco Cay once and experience the "free/included" parts of the island and decide for yourself if having four huge beaches plus a gigantic pool is good enough for you.  If you don't enjoy it the first time, then spend the money for the Beach Club on your second visit and compare that to your other experience.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, brillohead said:

The thing is, "worth it" to one person isn't "worth it" to another person.

I've been to Coco Cay a bazillion times (okay, maybe a slight exaggeration), and I have never had trouble finding a chair in the regular (free/included) parts of the island.  Chairs are harder to come by near the big pool, especially by lunchtime, but there are always plenty of chairs at all the various beaches, and every other group of chairs has its own umbrella. 

For this reason, it wouldn't be "worth it" to me to pay $150+ to go to the Beach Club.  I have friends who ALWAYS pay the money to go to the Beach Club, and it's "worth it" to them.  

I personally have no need to feel "exclusive" or have a "fancy" lunch on a beach day, so it's just not worth it to me.  (I don't do "fancy" stuff at other ports either.)  Other people feel differently.   

If you can ONLY cruise in a suite and if you can ONLY stay in a five-star hotel, you'll likely find that it's totally "worth it" to you to spend up to $200 per person for a day at the Beach Club.  If you're happy staying at a Holiday Inn Express or cruising in a standard balcony room (or even an inside), you might not find the value in spending that much money.  

My recommendation would be to go to Coco Cay once and experience the "free/included" parts of the island and decide for yourself if having four huge beaches plus a gigantic pool is good enough for you.  If you don't enjoy it the first time, then spend the money for the Beach Club on your second visit and compare that to your other experience.

I have been to Coco Cay four times and always used the free beaches and pool so I am familiar with that. But thank you for your response.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2023 at 10:40 AM, Marie51 said:

Yes there are enough chairs.

Worth the money is subjective. It's not worth it to me, not even close. I love the included food and free loungers and umbrella in our favorite spot on CocoCay.

That said, I was treated to an OTW cabana last year and will have a Beach Club cabana a week from today (my FIL is very generous and they are worth it to him and some other members of my extended family). I can give you a food review of it helps...

Everyone thought the filet mignon was excellent, the lobster was OK, and I really enjoyed the coconut crusted lobster sandwich. The apps and desserts were good but nothing stood out to me.

I'd say you'd have to place a lot of value on a quieter, semi-private experience along with the food options for it to be worth it. No judgment intended, everyone should spend their money how they see fit, just trying to give you some info based on my experience.

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yes there are enough chairs.

Worth the money is subjective. It's not worth it to me, not even close. I love the included food and free loungers and umbrella in our favorite spot on CocoCay.

That said, I was treated to an OTW cabana last year and will have a Beach Club cabana a week from today (my FIL is very generous and they are worth it to him and some other members of my extended family). I can give you a food review of it helps...

Everyone thought the filet mignon was excellent, the lobster was OK, and I really enjoyed the coconut crusted lobster sandwich. The apps and desserts were good but nothing stood out to me.

I'd say you'd have to place a lot of value on a quieter, semi-private experience along with the food options for it to be worth it. No judgment intended, everyone should spend their money how they see fit, just trying to give you some info based on my experience.

Thank you, this is helpful.

• Like 1

Has the O/P received an answer? I am cruising in April 2024 and there is no info about the Beach Club for our sailing either. I am aware there are many public areas, my husband and I enjoy the beach club and we will be with a friend who has never been and wants to try it. Does anyone know why it is not available on these bookings? (Our travel agent doesn't know either)

Edited by 33tekfan

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Question has anyone purchased day passes to the Coco Beach Club on CocoCay recently and if so what was your cost? We are sailing in March of 2024 and the cruise planner has not offered any day passes as of 6/15/2023. Thank you in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Disneymama18 for the heads up. I just checked and ours is now available at the same price.  Interestingly, the day bed we booked is now $100 more than we spent. I guess we’ll keep an eye on the price and hope for a sale. 

The day pass for Coco Beach Club for our trip in March 2024 is available now. Normally $299 but as of now it is $268. With two ships at CocoCay during our visit I guess they feel they won't have a problem selling them.