Crown Princess has a lot of maintenance issues

DrSea

We are cruising on the Crown in August and I have no reservations about it. We were on one trip and our plumbing got clogged 3 days in a row. Got talking to the maintenance engineer and found out someone was flushing orange rinds down the toilet Duh. So thank you chengkp75 for your info even if the armchair engineers know better then you. The less passengers on the Crown the better for me. We all know those new ships have a better system right 😉 Got to go call a plumber our house is 40 yrs old need to update to new plumbing fast before it is too late.

On 3/9/2023 at 5:55 AM, chengkp75 said:

So, it is a systemic issue over multiple separate systems?  If I had a nickel for every strange object we found in the ship's toilet system, I would have retired about 15 years early.  Food bones, silverware, facial and or diaper wipes, in addition to clothing and other fabric items, and one time we found ammunition.

The only thing that will stop a bad toilet with a clog is a good toilet with a gun .  . 

On 3/9/2023 at 7:06 AM, Yehootu said:

San Francisco is closer to Hawaii than Los Angeles. The 2 closest points on the Transpac flight is between Hilo and San Francisco.

But when a ship has to stop at a Mexican port on the way there or back, the San Francisco ship has to travel more distance than the L.A. ship.

28 minutes ago, caribill said:

But when a ship has to stop at a Mexican port on the way there or back, the San Francisco ship has to travel more distance than the L.A. ship.

Still 4 days from SF to first Hawaiian call on the Crown next year.  The added sea day is between the last Hawaiian call and Ensenada, on the way back.  The 2 sea days from Ensenada to SF doesn't change.  The Ruby Princess, which is the same class ship, was able to do the same itinerary in 15 days, without the extra sea day enroute to Ensenada.