Does the Rotterdam have Park West gallery?

cruiseagona

Deck 1, atrium area for gallery...I think most auctions were held in Billboard area. but they were so loud you attended them(whether you wanted to or not) as far away as BB kings area. Everybody cleared out of Rolling Stones area during that time....

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, cruiseagona said:

For all who may be interested, I was hoping they were not on the ship 🙂

To be honest, it’s been years since I’ve noticed they were there.  It’s not like 15-20 years ago where they were more in-your-face.  Perhaps it’s still like that on other lines.

1 hour ago, cruiseagona said:

For all who may be interested, I was hoping they were not on the ship 🙂

One can always hope, but unfortunately they are on board.

32 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

To be honest, it’s been years since I’ve noticed they were there.  It’s not like 15-20 years ago where they were more in-your-face.  Perhaps it’s still like that on other lines.

I suspect that they are more careful with how they act and what they say after some of the past lawsuits.

I think that they record the presentations these days, but do not allow passengers to record them. A lesson learned from some of those cases I believe.

Just came off the Rotterdam 3/8. Yes the "art" folks are there. The very large number of those attending one of the Lincoln Center Concerts were not amused with a a VERY LOUD "art" auction going on at the same time, next room over, with a handful of passengers attending. On a side note, the Lincoln Center Concerts were really well attended but apparently that doesn't mean much to the HAL higher ups!

13 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

Is the Rotterdam the only HAL ship where we might expect this annoyance?

Ray

They were on Nieuw Amsterdam last October.

The art auctions must be making money, or they wouldn't still be on board.  I don't understand why anyone would buy their product, especially since the facts about the "art" are so well known online.

Go figure!!

🤷‍♀️

~Nancy

1 hour ago, USN59-79 said:

Is the Rotterdam the only HAL ship where we might expect this annoyance?

Ray

On Noordam Nov Dec last year. Silent auctions and live auctions took up a large chunk of the bar and seating area. Saw passengers reserving seats for the auction with "reserved" signs.

3 hours ago, PROCRUISE said:

Just came off the Rotterdam 3/8. Yes the "art" folks are there. The very large number of those attending one of the Lincoln Center Concerts were not amused with a a VERY LOUD "art" auction going on at the same time, next room over, with a handful of passengers attending. On a side note, the Lincoln Center Concerts were really well attended but apparently that doesn't mean much to the HAL higher ups!

Free champagne..

• Haha 2