Restaurant Recommendations

Cherber

Going a few days to Papeete before our Paul Gauguin cruise.  Instead of always eating at the hotel any restaurants that some of you have been to for a really nice dinner and view?

There is a few places to eat across the street from the Hilton, one is a nice place. You can walk down to the food trucks from the Hilton, about a 20 - 30 minute walk, the views of the harbor area including the PG when she arrives about 6:30 PM. On the way while your walking there are several eateries along the harbor edge. You can take a taxi to the Marina past the Nui shopping area, there are several nice places there and the view looks out over the marina and Moorea in the distance.

1 hour ago, Cherber said:

Hilton Hotel Tahiti

1 hour ago, Cherber said:

Hilton Hotel Tahiti

3 hours ago, Cherber said:

You mentioned one across from the Hilton do you know of the name of the restaurant?  Also, do you have the names of any of the other restaurants?

In the mall steakhouse: https://www.facebook.com/Lannexeplaza/

The place with the best views will be: https://www.o-belvedere.com/

Personally I like going down to the food trucks ... down by the ships ... Place Vai'ete

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

i was shocked at the hotel food prices at the Hilton so i went to the grocery store across the street and picked up fresh sashimi and sandwiches and opened a bottle of wine in the room and sat out in the patio.   It was great!   

I can't imagine spending $30 for a hamburger and fries.....I'd rather skip a meal.  

Great breakfast buffet there the morning not to miss.   Complimentary if you're Diamond (which I am).   Still worth it even if you're not I think.  

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kleenrcruise said:

Do the food trucks take cash only? Wondering how much cash we need for things like taxis, we haven't used any cash traveling to Europe these days, how is it in the FP?

Most are cash only and if you use USD they will exchange at 100/1. Best to use XPF.

Taxi cost depends on where you are staying pre/post cruise