Late night food options on Seascape

mcoler181

If you were to fancy a snack before bed late on Seascape, are there any options?

I'm sure I read/heard the buffet shuts around 10.30pm and then that is it, is that correct? What time does the sports bar serve wings etc until?

The "Daily" programs from several MSC ships have been posted in many threads here. The latest ones I have seen here from Seascape have late night snacks until 11:30 pm and pizza buffet until 1:00 am (both at the Marketplace buffet).

MSC really does need an included 24 hour "restaurant" on its ships that is separate from the buffet and dining rooms. Most other cruise lines have multiple other included dining options including a solid 24 hour place (or a place that only closes for an hour or two during breakfast hours)

• Like 2

Although it carries a fee, room service is also an option.

Another thing we do is grab some extra snacks from the buffet during the day and put them in our cabin and/or fridge to snack on later in the evening. 

• Thanks 1

Ive only used room service once on a ship (Royal), took a good hour to arrive, this was probably about 11.30pm, to be honest was sick of waiting for it to arrive.

I have read MSC's room service Pizza menu and that says allow 20-30 mins to arrive which isn't too bad.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Gatordad1967 said:

O'Shaughnesy's on NCL is the best.  24 hour pub food.

And, the food is free! Not like the Sports Bar on MSC that charges for food now!

4 hours ago, jame_g said:

MSC really does need an included 24 hour "restaurant" on its ships that is separate from the buffet and dining rooms. Most other cruise lines have multiple other included dining options including a solid 24 hour place (or a place that only closes for an hour or two during breakfast hours)

No they don't. The USA is already obese enough. NO ONE NEEDS TO EAT BETWEEN 1:00 AND 6:00AM ON VACATION.  Repulsive. 

4 hours ago, mcoler181 said:

I'm not overly fussed about a 24hour place, although some additional  included dining options wouldn't go amiss.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, mvh said:

No they don't. The USA is already obese enough. NO ONE NEEDS TO EAT BETWEEN 1:00 AND 6:00AM ON VACATION. 

I doubt that MSC's decision not to offer any food during this hours is based on health considerations.

Actually I think it's just a matter of supply and demand as well as a result of different cultures: as it has been pointed out more than once, MSC is an italian cruiseline (though HQ is in Switzerland), and dining times are usually quite late in southern europe (8 pm is considered "early" dining there) - after finishing diner at 10 pm, you are not that hungry at midnight...

8 minutes ago, RudiRatlos said:

I doubt that MSC's decision not to offer any food during this hours is based on health considerations.

Actually I think it's just a matter of supply and demand as well as a result of different cultures: as it has been pointed out more than once, MSC is an italian cruiseline (though HQ is in Switzerland), and dining times are usually quite late in southern europe (8 pm is considered "early" dining there) - after finishing diner at 10 pm, you are not that hungry at midnight...

One reason I like to eat around 8 or so…

35 minutes ago, RudiRatlos said:

Maybe that is the reason the other cruise lines stopped midnight buffets.

Or because Americans eat too much. LOL

5 hours ago, mvh said:

No they don't. The USA is already obese enough. NO ONE NEEDS TO EAT BETWEEN 1:00 AND 6:00AM ON VACATION.  Repulsive. 

On the contrary, there are times…

The last night of our second Divina cruise, we were at dinner and had given our orders, and were munching on bread when my sister turned to me and said ‘I have to go’.  I knew immediately that the multigrain roll that she had been eating contained buckwheat, her only allergy.  She had to go to our cabin and take Benadryl.  She would not be back because the allergy makes it difficult to swallow.  I stayed, but dreaded having to go back to the cabin and pack for her, as the Benadryl knocks her out, and for the next day, too.  However, she had taken enough that it made her hyper so she could pack before crashing.  Fortunately, we travel light, carryon only.

Problem #2 is that we are both diabetic, she worse than I, and had already taken her meds.  I was just settling for sleep after 11pm when she sat up in bed and said ‘I need to eat’.  ( We had early seating).  I had to get dressed, go down to the Marketplace and assemble a plate…pizza, salad, sandwich…I knew the buffet was open until 2am at that time.  Otherwise I guess it would have been room service…. EM

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2023 at 5:45 PM, Essiesmom said:

On the contrary, there are times…

The last night of our second Divina cruise, we were at dinner and had given our orders, and were munching on bread when my sister turned to me and said ‘I have to go’.  I knew immediately that the multigrain roll that she had been eating contained buckwheat, her only allergy.  She had to go to our cabin and take Benadryl.  She would not be back because the allergy makes it difficult to swallow.  I stayed, but dreaded having to go back to the cabin and pack for her, as the Benadryl knocks her out, and for the next day, too.  However, she had taken enough that it made her hyper so she could pack before crashing.  Fortunately, we travel light, carryon only.

Problem #2 is that we are both diabetic, she worse than I, and had already taken her meds.  I was just settling for sleep after 11pm when she sat up in bed and said ‘I need to eat’.  ( We had early seating).  I had to get dressed, go down to the Marketplace and assemble a plate…pizza, salad, sandwich…I knew the buffet was open until 2am at that time.  Otherwise I guess it would have been room service…. EM

Sounds scary. As another poster commented, we are allowed to take snacks or food from the buffet earlier during the days for eating later. I've done that on many different cruise lines. Stored in the fridge without any problems. Not necessarily for late eating, but to have access to food whenever I might need it. Including breakfast for early port days. That strategy, having food available in my room taken earlier from the buffet, has been helpful for many years of cruising. 

On 3/9/2023 at 9:27 AM, Gatordad1967 said:

O'Shaughnesy's on NCL is the best.  24 hour pub food.

We were aboard Getaway last fall, and I awakened at 0430. Went down to O'Shaugnesy's and they were closed. Was not happy.

On 3/9/2023 at 9:27 AM, Gatordad1967 said: