How are the Cabins on Equinox Deck 11

JDPCruisers

We are looking at a possible cruise on Equinox deck 11 cabins and concerned with noise as they are under the Oceanview Cafe. Would appreciate any thoughts from those that have stayed on deck 11 on Equinox i.e. noisy, not too bad, or didn't notice any noise?

5 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

We are looking at a possible cruise on Equinox deck 11 cabins and concerned with noise as they are under the Oceanview Cafe. Would appreciate any thoughts from those that have stayed on deck 11 on Equinox i.e. noisy, not too bad, or didn't notice any noise?

We’ve stayed on deck 11 aft. You will be under other cabins. Very quiet. Love the location. 

Got off the Equinox two weeks ago. Had a portside aft cabin on deck 11 and even though we were across from the crew access door where they brough in the luggage, the cabin was the very quiet. No issues at all.

• Thanks 1

We are in an A1 cabin - starboard, mid-ship on deck 11.....just aft of where Slush is. I'm hoping we don't get too much noise.

I do expect a bit of morning noise as they drag loungers around, but hopefully it won't be too bad!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2023 at 11:41 AM, JDPCruisers said:

Apologies I meant cabins on deck 12 are under Oceanview Cafe. 

I've been on deck 12 cabin 2149 on EQ and deck 12, same cabin, on EC. At times you could definitely hear stuff above but it didn't bother us, that's why I've picked that cabin twice.  It also really wasn't a problem while sleeping.  That cabin is the aft most on the side of the ship and has a slightly larger balcony. I love deck 12 because of the pool level and it's easy to get to a bar, buffet, and other upper levels of the ship. Of course all this is very much a YMMV type of thing.  

We are on the Equinox on Deck 12 in June and we love the location, easy walk out to the pool and pool bar to get drinks. We did deck 12 in 2021 on the Equinox and never found the noise to bother us at all. Deck 11 should not have any sound issues from the Lido deck 14. (there is no deck 13)

Edited by terrydtx

Deck 11 Equinox cabins 1136 and 1138 were great for our group in January 2020. Nice location, quiet, shady balcony.

We also stayed in Sky Suite either 2148 or 2150 in late Feb 2020 and it was like a nightmare meets Groundhog Day.

Scraping, thumping of OVC chairs every morning around 6am. Over and over.

I could not sleep despite sound machine, ear plugs, etc.

I am really close to saying it ruined our cruise because we came for a week as a couple to rest and relax from stressful jobs and 2 young children (boy if we'd known what was in store for us 2 weeks later...) It's hard to feel rested and relaxed when you're getting up as early as you usually do at home or even earlier.

I would not take a cruise in that cabin again for free.

On 3/25/2023 at 1:05 PM, terrydtx said:

We are on the Equinox on Deck 12 in June and we love the location, easy walk out to the pool and pool bar to get drinks. We did deck 12 in 2021 on the Equinox and never found the noise to bother us at all. Deck 11 should not have any sound issues from the Lido deck 14. (there is no deck 13)

Sure there is.  They just don't call it deck 13.  Purely mind games!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, LMHSRN said:

Sure there is.  They just don't call it deck 13.  Purely mind games!

Deck 13 was lost when the ship first cruised through the Bermuda Triangle and is in limbo somewhere.