Extremely Frustrated with my NCL credit card so far

Smitheroo

🤐  I returned from a cruise on the Joy recently and realized I want to do this again!  So I opened an NCL mastercard to help me.  I have had nothing but problems from the day it arrived in my mailbox.  I decided to activate it online and thought I needed to enroll in online banking with BOA.  Didnt work. Made at least 6 calls and finally one rep was able to fix the problem which was really my fault. I had forgotten I already had a BOA account.  Once i got into this account i activated my card and thought I was good to go. Nope.  Tried to use it and was decline online and in a retail store.  More phone calls. Turns out that fraud alerts were put on the card. BOA's fault?   Finally one rep was able to do what the others said they did, but didnt.  I actually used the card successfully several times this morning.  Until I purchased a CruiseFirst certificate from NCL,.  I got two emails from NCL CruiseNext. The first referred to my card being declined for the purchase of a Welcome Back Reward Coupon. I dont know what this is but since the amount $150 was included I figured it was my CruiseFirst certificate. Then another email telling me my card was declined for the CruiseFirst certificate. Gave a number to call, which I did, but it connected to no one.   Telephone tree prompts went round and round. When I pressed "O" was told all phones were closed and to please emial, so I did.  I got an automated response which included the warning not to send multiple emails and that they would get back to me in 3 business days.  Has BOA placed a fraud alert on NCL purchases?  smh

IMHO, this read like issues with BOA and MasterCard's fraud prevention, call them to escalate and ask to speak with a supervisor and or email them to assist in resolving the denials.  Are you using 2FA on the account or had other settings that might trigger these measures. Have them review to help you 

Good luck 🤞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mking8288 said:

IMHO, this read like issues with BOA and MasterCard's fraud prevention, call them to escalate and ask to speak with a supervisor and or email them to assist in resolving the denials.  Are you using 2FA on the account or had other settings that might trigger these measures. Have them review to help you 

Good luck 🤞

Bank of America has been doing that with everyone, my neighbor who works at there main office in Charlotte also had the fraud department call him lol 

3 hours ago, zqvol said:

Has nothing to do with NCL. 

I know, I was trying to be funny as in the NCL card gets declined for an NCL purchase. Since this morning everything has gone through except for the NCL purchase.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

Are you using 2FA on the account or had other settings that might trigger these measures. Have them review to help you 

What does 2FA stand for?  At first they were telling me it was because I had not made any notification settings!  

And it continues.  Today I got a letter from Bank of America dated March 2  telling me they detected suspicious activity on my credit card and as a precaution they've temporarily suspended my account. If they dont hear from me in 25 days my account will be closed.  I didnt have the card on 3/2.  That might have been the day I applied for it and was approved. 

This is pathetic