Celebrity Billing problems???

Gull

We've got an upcoming reservation in a couple of weeks that was paid for by the due date.

It's for a BIG anniversary.

Had an email yesterday saying we owed  substantial amounts and my account looked like they had doubled the cost of the cruise.

Called our Celebrity Consultant and he sorted it out at Celebrity's end.

It's happened again today with my dining reservations saying I owe money. All was paid on the date of booking using some of our onboard credit.

When I checked my credit card, I was charged full amount and the onboard credit was not counted.(but it was used).

My Cruise consultant is out of the office until Monday. 

Is/has anyone else had this problem?

We are Elite and I'm about to call Captain's Club but I'm feeling that this is ridiculous and unacceptable.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gull said:

We've got an upcoming reservation in a couple of weeks that was paid for by the due date.

It's for a BIG anniversary.

Had an email yesterday saying we owed  substantial amounts and my account looked like they had doubled the cost of the cruise.

Called our Celebrity Consultant and he sorted it out at Celebrity's end.

It's happened again today with my dining reservations saying I owe money. All was paid on the date of booking using some of our onboard credit.

When I checked my credit card, I was charged full amount and the onboard credit was not counted.(but it was used).

My Cruise consultant is out of the office until Monday. 

Is/has anyone else had this problem?

We are Elite and I'm about to call Captain's Club but I'm feeling that this is ridiculous and unacceptable.

Never. It is unacceptable. I wouldn't wait until Monday. I would be on the phone immediately. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, davekathy said:

Never. It is unacceptable. I wouldn't wait until Monday. I would be on the phone immediately. 

I tried our Celebrity dedicated consultant. 

What is the best number to call? Thanks

4 minutes ago, Gull said:

I tried our Celebrity dedicated consultant. 

What is the best number to call? Thanks

I'd call the Captains Club and they can transfer you to someone who is better at handling these types of issues. CC number is 1-800-760-0654. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, snowballs mom said:

We currently are having an issue with getting an excursion refund credited to the proper card. The credit went to the wrong card, and it looks like that amount is now showing as owed on what was once a fully-paid reservation. Not impressed.

Were you able to call Someone? 

I am waiting for them to get back to me. To make matters worse, it is booked through the blue chip club, so they have to work on it. I am concerned because this is a cruise leaving in a week and I am worried about losing the booking. At least I have a paper trail of everything to show what was paid and what should have been refunded.

Edited by snowballs mom

2 minutes ago, snowballs mom said:

I am waiting for them to get back to me. To make matters worse, it is booked through the blue chip club, so they have to work on it. I am concerned because this is a cruise leaving in a week and I am worried about losing the booking. At least I have a paper trail of everything to show what was paid and what should have been refunded.

I hear you!

I've got a paper trail too. I need to sort this out today as am leaving on a business trip out of the country and won't be able to use their 800 numbers. 

This is ruining my anniversary celebration. 

Just now, Gull said:

I hear you!

I've got a paper trail too. I need to sort this out today as am leaving on a business trip out of the country and won't be able to use their 800 numbers. 

This is ruining my anniversary celebration. 

I wish you luck. Hope you get it fixed and have a happy anniversary!

• Like 1

In the event this helps anyone...

I called Captain's Club and the person was nice but unable to help. Transferred me to the Dept. that could.

After a 38 minute wait I was connected with Gioavani. He told me it was a good thing I called because the reservation would have been canceled had I not called. Told me my Celebrity Cruise Consultant hadn't resolved the issue (although I know he did yesterday as I had the email that shows it).

I've now printed out everything - all emails to bring with me as I don't believe this has been resolved.

This is not a seamless vacation. This is beyond aggravating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Gull said:

although I know he did yesterday as I had the email that shows it

Unfortunately, emails from him likely only show what he thought he did. I had that happen 2 times in getting a Covid refund for one cruise. Each time I waited weeks, and had to request it again. The third time we learned that the first 2 (request and corrected request) didn't get through their accounting department because they had incorrectly labelled our refund request as untimely and coded our money as forfeited. With no notice to us, of course--just inaction.

Same thing happened with our cable internet provider when we bought our own router. Their system kept seeing it as unauthorized and booted it online. Finally had one guy realize there were 2 settings that needed to be confired, not 1.

Isn't it nice the computer age is worry-free?

Edited by mayleeman

We got an email today that we have a balance due on some purchases for our 4/6/23 sailing.  "Due to a recent change to your reservation, some purchases made with onboard credit are no longer paid in full.  Please pay by the due date to avoid cancellation of balance due purchases."  Due date given was 3/13/23.  After holding for 40 minutes at the number given with the email, i was told by Celebrity to call my TA.  That is now in process.

2 hours ago, snowballs mom said:

We currently are having an issue with getting an excursion refund credited to the proper card. The credit went to the wrong card, and it looks like that amount is now showing as owed on what was once a fully-paid reservation. Not impressed.

We had that issue onboard. charge automatically went to my credit card, but used husband’s name which is different from mine. Naturally denied.  got that straightened out after a ridiculous amount of time

our new issue for upcoming cruise, flights leaving from Canada using FBC, paid everything in Canadian, airline says booking submitted in US funds.  Now seat selection and baggage fees show Us dollars owing.  FBC supervisor, rude and condescending   Airline says FBC needs to change it and they in turn blame airline

I suspect new staff but that is no excuse IMO.  Fingers crossed this sorts out.  If a member of Captains Club, maybe they can intervene 

1 hour ago, SnakeWake said:

We got an email today that we have a balance due on some purchases for our 4/6/23 sailing.  "Due to a recent change to your reservation, some purchases made with onboard credit are no longer paid in full.  Please pay by the due date to avoid cancellation of balance due purchases."  Due date given was 3/13/23.  After holding for 40 minutes at the number given with the email, i was told by Celebrity to call my TA.  That is now in process.

If you book through a TA they, not you, must handle the issue.  That is why you want an excellent TA.  They probably do not work for a BIG BOX TA.

1 hour ago, 1Virgo said:

We had that issue onboard. charge automatically went to my credit card, but used husband’s name which is different from mine. Naturally denied.  got that straightened out after a ridiculous amount of time

our new issue for upcoming cruise, flights leaving from Canada using FBC, paid everything in Canadian, airline says booking submitted in US funds.  Now seat selection and baggage fees show Us dollars owing.  FBC supervisor, rude and condescending   Airline says FBC needs to change it and they in turn blame airline

I suspect new staff but that is no excuse IMO.  Fingers crossed this sorts out.  If a member of Captains Club, maybe they can intervene 

FBC is a separate company.  If this involves Air Canada then good luck.  Dozens of issues involving them.

Really simple, unless it is a BIG savings - really big - book direct with the airline.  FBC is a consolidator and many seats purchased through them have very limited rules such as seat selection, changes etc.

FBC is buried in all the airline changes .  Keep your records.  Do things with emails.  You will probably not have much luck sorting it out quickly.  The baggage fees and seat $ for now probably not worth the stress it is causing.  You are correct.  I would sort it at the airport if FBC doesn't handle it.  They are at 3 days to return calls. 

• Thanks 1

I had the same issue on a new all-included reservation I made online and paid in full upon booking.  The following day I received a notification email that a significant balance was due - almost equal to what I had already paid.  I called in, spoke with an agent who cleared it up, stating that the "system" had removed several of the discount line items.  A couple of days later I received another notification for a balance due.  This time it was for the same amount as the gratuities.  I called in again and was told that had I not called it would have cleared up on its own, but they were able to take care of it then.  Needless to say, I am hanging on to all those confirmations!

• Like 2

How frustrating, I have no idea how upset I would be! It's like a bad scene in the movie Ground Hog Day.

I hope you all get things settled soon. It's stressful enough to travel, you don't need this BS.

Another reason we are unsure when we will do any travel in the near future.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mayleeman said:

Unfortunately, emails from him likely only show what he thought he did. I had that happen 2 times in getting a Covid refund for one cruise. Each time I waited weeks, and had to request it again. The third time we learned that the first 2 (request and corrected request) didn't get through their accounting department because they had incorrectly labelled our refund request as untimely and coded our money as forfeited. With no notice to us, of course--just inaction.

Same thing happened with our cable internet provider when we bought our own router. Their system kept seeing it as unauthorized and booted it online. Finally had one guy realize there were 2 settings that needed to be confired, not 1.

Isn't it nice the computer age is worry-free?

And one must understand this computer age/stuff........

@DisneyJim I pretty much had the EXACT same thing happen to me.  Booked Aqua... paid in full at time of booking.  Got a confirmation of the amount paid and that there was no balance due.  Then they sent me an email with a large amount due because they basically took off all of the discounts.  Called and got it cleared up after a while.  Then a few days later, got another email about a past due amount because they added the drinks, wifi, and gratuities to my order, but didn't offset the gratuities while they did offset the drinks and wifi.  Called again and CS said she didn't see any amount due, so I asked her to send a confirmation stating that there was no balance due.

To say this was very stressful and a royal pain would be extremely accurate.

18 hours ago, SnakeWake said:

That is the exact email I received - 3 of them on two consecutive days. I'm still not convinced it is resolved....although Celebrity claims it is.

Ivan with the blue chip club is working on our issue. We received no emails. My daughter is the primary on the reservation, and the excursion was incorrectly refunded to her card. I noticed a balance due in the amount refunded to my daughter's card when I was researching my orders.

Luckily, in our situation, their system shows our reservation with a zero balance/paid in full - it is our Celebrity account that is incorrect. Most likely they will need to put in an IT ticket to correct our online account records, and that could take 2 to 3 days. Since their intermal records are correct I have no idea if we would have issues at the port.

8 hours ago, snowballs mom said:

Ivan with the blue chip club is working on our issue. We received no emails. My daughter is the primary on the reservation, and the excursion was incorrectly refunded to her card. I noticed a balance due in the amount refunded to my daughter's card when I was researching my orders.

Luckily, in our situation, their system shows our reservation with a zero balance/paid in full - it is our Celebrity account that is incorrect. Most likely they will need to put in an IT ticket to correct our online account records, and that could take 2 to 3 days. Since their intermal records are correct I have no idea if we would have issues at the port.

Wow!  Incredible that Corp paid big bucks to an IT company to install these systems and then have their customers fix the the problems.  Cool!!