Tall vehicle parking San Francisco 2023

I am getting frustrated trying to find parking near the cruise terminal.  I drive a 15 passenger van (11 passengers for this trip). But it is taller than 6'5" so I can't do parking at impark or the other one.  Anybody know any parking that can accommodate a taller vehicle?

When we drive to SF for a cruise from So Cal, we park at a BART station and avoid The City altogether. We park in North Berkeley because we usually spend some time there before the cruise. You could find other BART stations that allow long term parking between Visaila and SF.

It looks like the fastest thing to do would be to park at West Oakland because it is only one stop to the Embarcadero BART station. So I think that's what we're going to end up doing. It's pretty much the same distance driving whether I park at SFO or Oakland Airport and about the same amount of time on BART going back to the Embarcadero but if I park at West Oakland it would be way faster because it's only like 6 to 8 minutes on bart!

Park at one of the offsite SFO parking lots (that's where I park if I drive for a flight from SFO) then take an Uber/Lyft to the pier.  Drop your group and luggage off at the pier then go park.  That's what I would do.

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger

12 hours ago, oakridger said:

Park at one of the offsite SFO parking lots (that's where I park if I drive for a flight from SFO) then take an Uber/Lyft to the pier.  Drop your group and luggage off at the pier then go park.  That's what I would do.

~Nancy

Right now I am looking at "Park SFO" they have a 6'11"

3 hours ago, Marthathecakelady said:

Right now I am looking at "Park SFO" they have a 6'11"

3 hours ago, Philob said:

There's Park 'n Fly SFO on the other side of Highway 101, uncovered lot.

Those are the two I have personal experience with.  Both have worked well for me.   

@scottca075 likes parking at BART, but since I'm not comfortable with BART these days I would choose the SFO location and get taken directly back to the pier by taxi/uber.   If you use BART for your 11 people it would cost 11 fares plus then you would need to get from the BART Embarcadero station to the pier with luggage.  (About 1.1 miles per Google)

If driving from Visalia, then you will probably be coming across the Bay Bridge into the City.  Take everyone to the pier and drop them off and then drive down to SFO area to park yourself.  Taxi or Uber back to the pier is what I still suggest.  Seems efficient to me!!

~Nancy

35 minutes ago, oakridger said:

Those are the two I have personal experience with.  Both have worked well for me.   

@scottca075 likes parking at BART, but since I'm not comfortable with BART these days I would choose the SFO location and get taken directly back to the pier by taxi/uber.   If you use BART for your 11 people it would cost 11 fares plus then you would need to get from the BART Embarcadero station to the pier with luggage.  (About 1.1 miles per Google)

If driving from Visalia, then you will probably be coming across the Bay Bridge into the City.  Take everyone to the pier and drop them off and then drive down to SFO area to park yourself.  Taxi or Uber back to the pier is what I still suggest.  Seems efficient to me!!

~Nancy

Yes that is what it looks like is best.

• Like 1