Ordering something from the PREVIOUS NIGHT'S menu?

Crusin Karen

13 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

All the more reason to stay mum, here's the maitre d' on the Venezia

Marlon Was as Dead as Could Be”: How Brando Beat the Odds and Became the  Godfather | Vanity Fair

LOL, you have effectively answered my question.  I value my life more than I value a plate of calamari! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

LOL, you have effectively answered my question.  I value my life more than I value a plate of calamari! 

it’s a shame how far the service has declined on carnival, when it’s considered discourteous to ask the waiter for a special request.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EngIceDave said:

When you ask, he'll make you an offer you can't refuse

and if you do?

godfather-marlon-brando.gif

Well, I figure the whole point being, it would be only the 2nd night.  I'd hate to waste my $, all the time I spent packing and planning to spend the rest of the cruise in the ship's infirmary or God forbid, the morgue.  Thinking of that calamari is kinda making me feel sick right now! 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 4:25 PM, Crusin Karen said:

I LOVE CCL fried calamari.  They offer it on night 1 in MDR.  My last cruise I went to Steakhouse on the 1st night and I have reservations for 1st night on my next cruise.  Would it be kosher to ask my MDR server on night 2 if they could cook me up an order?  I'm very easy going and hate asking for "special treatment" lol! 

Hi Karen - Just my experience with dessert a few years ago. The creme brulee was one of the desserts on the first night menu, and I commented to our server how it was my favorite dessert. Didn't make a request or anything, but he replied "I will have it for you every night!" And he did. I have to say it was a bit much, but it was appreciated.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nybumpkin said:

Hi Karen - Just my experience with dessert a few years ago. The creme brulee was one of the desserts on the first night menu, and I commented to our server how it was my favorite dessert. Didn't make a request or anything, but he replied "I will have it for you every night!" And he did. I have to say it was a bit much, but it was appreciated.

The same thing happened to me, it was before Covid. 

I was very appreciative, but man I was tired of crème brûlée by the end of the week.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nybumpkin said:

54 minutes ago, nydney1 said:

The same thing happened to me, it was before Covid. 

I was very appreciative, but man I was tired of crème brûlée by the end of the week.

Sounds like you both had some pretty great waitpersons.  But yes, too much of a good thing....LOL 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

Yes that's what I thought too and I am not the kind of person who likes to rock the boat (!)  i'm almost shy about asking for "special things" so I was just wondering if anyone had done it and if it was not an inconvenience to any of the staff.  

I promise you that if they grant your request, it WILL be an inconvenience.  They may do it, but it will make their job harder.

I know that the waitstaff and kitchen staff work very hard, and I would never ask them for something that is not regularly offered on that night.  Like in many other circumstances, just because you CAN do it doesn't mean you SHOULD do it,

Edited by staceyglow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1