Neptune suite and breakfast at the pinnacle grill

gregma60

25 minutes ago, gregma60 said:

I've read that there is breakfast at the pinnacle grill on the Volendam.  Is this for free for neptune suite guests? Or an up charge? 

-gregma

Free - and a very nice perk!

9 minutes ago, gregma60 said:

outstanding! thank you so much for the information! 

-gregma

No need to book. Just show up (same hours as for the MDR) and tell them your cabin number. Sometimes have to show your key card on the first morning. Enjoy.

The Pinnacle Grill manager has access to photos of the passengers entitled to breakfast in the PG, just as the Neptune Lounge concierge has access to the photos.   

Enjoy your cruise on the beautiful Volendam.

13 hours ago, colbe said:

No need to book. Just show up (same hours as for the MDR) and tell them your cabin number. Sometimes have to show your key card on the first morning. Enjoy.

We will be carrying our key card wherever we go.  have lanyards, but I think it might be tacky wearing it around our neck everywhere.  

-gregma

• Like 1

11 hours ago, erewhon said:

The Pinnacle Grill manager has access to photos of the passengers entitled to breakfast in the PG, just as the Neptune Lounge concierge has access to the photos.   

Enjoy your cruise on the beautiful Volendam.

I'm sure we will have a wonderful time.  I'm really glad I chose the smaller ship.  Just not into crowds.  Next two on the bucket list is Panama canal and Hawaii.  Not sure the Volendam does Hawaii though. 

-gregma

• Like 1

Interesting note - on most HAL ships you have to use your cabin key to enter the Neptune Lounge, but on the smaller ships, such as the Volendam, this is not necessary (likely due to far fewer Neptune passengers having access and thus the staff quickly learns who are allowed in).  Also, on the smaller ships all cabins forward of the midship elevators are Neptunes (or Pinnacles), thus you have few people "passing by" the Lounge who are not allowed in.

I do like the Neptune Lounge on the smaller ships as they have more of a "club" feel to them since you seem to see others more often.

Edited by DaveOKC
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, gregma60 said:

We will be carrying our key card wherever we go.  have lanyards, but I think it might be tacky wearing it around our neck everywhere.  

-gregma

I think 75-90% of passengers on my recent cruise wore lanyards when outside their cabin.

Eating breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill everyday was one of the top highlights of the cruise.

Enjoy the perk!

58 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Lanyards are good for showing off your Gold striped card (meaning you are in a Neptune)!

That's great to know!  I won't feel so bad for wearing it then 🙂

-gregma

10 hours ago, sciencewonk said:

I think 75-90% of passengers on my recent cruise wore lanyards when outside their cabin.

Eating breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill everyday was one of the top highlights of the cruise.

Enjoy the perk!

I don't know why, but that kinda surprises me.  Wearing it will be a done deal then.  Only thing is, we talked some very close friends to join us in the cruise.  They got a Vista suite (same navigation deck) and not a neptune.  Doubt we could bring them along with us to the Pinnacle Grill, and don't really want to just leave them in the MDR alone.

-gregma

31 minutes ago, gregma60 said:

I don't know why, but that kinda surprises me.  Wearing it will be a done deal then.  Only thing is, we talked some very close friends to join us in the cruise.  They got a Vista suite (same navigation deck) and not a neptune.  Doubt we could bring them along with us to the Pinnacle Grill, and don't really want to just leave them in the MDR alone.

-gregma

They are not allowed in the Pinnacle for breakfast, but you could ask anyway and perhaps they will let you.  On our last cruise we met people in there who had Club Orange and they let them in (I was surprised by this).  

I did not see that many people wearing lanyards on our cruise - maybe 20-25%.

Edited by DaveOKC

1 hour ago, gregma60 said:

-gregma

My husband and I are third generation cruisers with HAL.  Once when we cruised with my parents, they were in a Neptune, and we were in a Signature Suite.  We were allowed to join them in Neptune, as were another SS couple sailing with us.  Things have changed in the last 20 years!

My daughters and I were on a Celebrity cruise and stayed in a Suite that had Luminae access for all meals.  A cousin and her daughter were also onboard with us.  They were in a regular veranda.  We agreed to eat breakfast separately, and then meet up afterward for the day.  One morning, we invited the cousin and daughter up to our Suite for room service breakfast.   Although it was not ideal, we took our evening meals in the MDR together.  Really killed me to pay for a Suite and not enjoy Neptune to the fullest!