Apex staterooms for 3-4 people: setup?

ktcruiser

We’re booking the Apex this summer for 3 of us (couple plus 8 yo daughter). 

I can’t find any images showing the cabin setup for the third person. 

some cabins hold 3 and others hold 4… what’s the difference? (Only 2 cabins left, one of each designation!)

I’m concerned that a 3 person cabin will rely on the sofa. We strongly prefer a trundle/bunk bed. (All the website indicates is “some cabins may have a trundle bed”)

Anyone know how the setup works on this type of ship? Should we reserve the last 4 person room?

TIA!

Thanks for the assistance. Was having trouble finding the key for the square designations.  The existence of “trundles in some staterooms” continues to be a bit mysterious… but seems like we might be stuck with a pullout sofa. Disappointing. 

Edited by ktcruiser
Trying to quote and failed this first time, can’t delete.

34 minutes ago, jelayne said:

In looking at the deck plans the cabins with a solid dark square have a single sofa bed.  Those with a square outline have a double sofa bed. 

Thanks!  I was trying to find the key for those solid and outlined squares and wasn’t seeing it on the cabin selection page for some reason

no trundles at all? Really disappointing. 

Just now, ktcruiser said:

Thanks! I was trying to find the key for those solid and outlined squares and wasn’t seeing it on the cabin selection page for some reason. 

so no trundle at all? That’s really disappointing. 

There is not really room for a trundle bed in standard veranda cabins.

I believe Celebrity calls those beds that fold down from above an "upper bed" or "upper berth."  Usually a triangle on the deck plans, if I remember correctly.  I'm not sure that the Edge class ships have these at all but worth looking at a deck plan.

A trundle would roll out from under the sofa bed.  One person on the seat area and one person on the trundle makes a "Double Sofa Bed."  I'm not sure that I've ever seen a traditional fold-out that would sleep two people; maybe on some of the older ships. 

• Like 1