Celebrity out of San Juan?

DISFANS3

We  out thinking about booking Celebrity out of San Juan, first time on Celebrity 15 cruise trips overall . They have a price that looks cheap now, going in oct 2024.Should I put down a deposit now or wait until latter for a better price? WE want a ocean view room cabin. Last cruise we always make reservation a year out. Also this will be Cruise Only..  Thanks...

If you put a deposit down now, you still can get the benefit of a lower fare should it go down before final payment ("lower fare" accounting for promotional OBC and what-not).

On the off-chance prices went down after final payment, then you just have to eat that.  However, prices don't tend to go down right now. 

• Like 1

Lately prices seem to be best far out. But who knows what will happen. If you feel it’s a good price I would book it. I booked a cabin a year ago and pricing has doubled since then. 

• Like 1

I've always found the best price to be far out.  The only time it went down substantially was my upcoming repo cruise.  I  then looked at repricing my New Orleans cruise next year (which we booked a year or so ago) and it's pretty much sold out, so no deals there.  If you feel it's a good price that you would be happy to pay if it didn't happen to go down, then you should go for it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DCPIV said:

If you put a deposit down now, you still can get the benefit of a lower fare should it go down before final payment ("lower fare" accounting for promotional OBC and what-not).

On the off-chance prices went down after final payment, then you just have to eat that.  However, prices don't tend to go down right now

True for nearly all sailings except two, the Mexican Riviera and the sailings originating in Puerto Rico which applies here.   They have difficulty filling most sailings on these itinerary so they do offer "fire sales".  For example, the Solstice's 7 night sailing this Saturday is offering a sail only balcony for $382/pp which is $54/night

14 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

True for nearly all sailings except two, the Mexican Riviera and the sailings originating in Puerto Rico which applies here.   They have difficulty filling most sailings on these itinerary so they do offer "fire sales".  For example, the Solstice's 7 night sailing this Saturday is offering a sail only balcony for $382/pp which is $54/night

That's great if I want to go now, but I don't know if I would bank on that for a sailing around 19 months from now (as OP is asking about).

• Like 1

I wouldn't expect prices to fluxauate on San Juan departures like they have on the Mexican Riviera.  Those sailings were an anomaly for several reasons. SJ depatures used to be priced a little cheaper than comparable FLL/MIA sailings but that hasn't been the case the past few years. They have been pretty decent performers. Just book now and reprice later if the opportunity comes up.

On 3/12/2023 at 12:57 PM, DISFANS3 said:

We  out thinking about booking Celebrity out of San Juan, first time on Celebrity 15 cruise trips overall . They have a price that looks cheap now, going in oct 2024.Should I put down a deposit now or wait until latter for a better price? WE want a ocean view room cabin. Last cruise we always make reservation a year out. Also this will be Cruise Only..  Thanks...

I don't have any answers for you (you've gotten better advice than I could give from others already), but I want to note that I'm happy that Celebrity is returning to sailing from sunny San Juan for the 2024-25 season.  I was on the Millie in November and it was maybe half full.  This made me happy, but probably not so much LLP and Jason L.