No more MSC Seaside - South Caribbean sailings?!

yellow-submarine

South Caribbean sailings from Martinique, Guadeloupe, Barbados that was covered by MSC Seaside are now gone. They are not offered on any of the MSC websites and up-to-date TAs. They are not fully booked, two weeks ago the had hundreds of spaces. What has happened?

Edited by yellow-submarine

• yellow-submarine changed the title to No more MSC Seaside - South Caribbean sailings?!
3 minutes ago, yellow-submarine said:

South Caribbean sailings from Martinique, Guadeloupe, Barbados that was covered by MSC Seaside are now gone. They are not offered on any of the MSC websites and up-to-date TAs. They are not fully booked, two weeks ago the had hundreds of spaces. What has happened?

Glad I'm not the only one who has notice that have disappeared. I'm hoping they are just moving things about but I was waiting for winter 24/25 to come out as we were going to do the 2 weeks from Barbados. 

Edited by Cruiseforever11

I checked a big on line cruise company v*******.  Seaside will move from Barbados/Martinique to Port Canaveral in April 2023 and will be at Port Canaveral until November 2023 then will move back to Barbados/Martinique sailing until April 2024 and after that she will be move to Europe market.  MSC is moving ships around so American cruisers can sample their ships.

• Like 1

I am aware of the repositioning. The point is that South Caribbean offerings are gone. Even if you find them on some sites they are not bookable at the end. Did MSC fail to reserve spots in some ports? It does not make sense to send a new ship for refurb in high season. What's happening?

5 hours ago, yellow-submarine said:

I am aware of the repositioning. The point is that South Caribbean offerings are gone. Even if you find them on some sites they are not bookable at the end. Did MSC fail to reserve spots in some ports? It does not make sense to send a new ship for refurb in high season. What's happening?

Maybe not enough bookings to be profitable? Airfare to Barbados / Martinique from the US was very expensive when I checked on a couple of sailings from those ports. Airfare from Europe or South America to Orlando or Miami / Ft Lauderdale may be cheaper than Barbados / Martinique as well. I wish they would homeport a ship in San Juan. Airfare is more reasonable and they could still sail most of the same itineraries as from Barbados / Martinique.

• Like 1

I tried to book this cruise also, but my travel agent said there will be some changes(?). However, he was sure that Seaside sails in that region next winter. Now I don't know what to do, book some other cruise or continue waiting that Seaside cruises are bookable.

• 1 month later...

MSC does things VERY different from other cruise lines. I am on a 14 day cruise out of Barbados March 5, 2024. It picks up and lets off passengers in Guadeloupe and then in Martinique twice during the 14 day cruise. (We stop at those places 7 days apart). Those who embark in Barbados are on a 14 day, cruise the rest are on a 7 day cruises. I do not know how they keep track of it all.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 11:49 PM, guytwell said:

MSC does things VERY different from other cruise lines. I am on a 14 day cruise out of Barbados March 5, 2024. It picks up and lets off passengers in Guadeloupe and then in Martinique twice during the 14 day cruise. (We stop at those places 7 days apart). Those who embark in Barbados are on a 14 day, cruise the rest are on a 7 day cruises. I do not know how they keep track of it all.

So there is a cruise from Barbados then? Very confusing, my travel agent was unable to book it, but told me there is a possibility to start the cruise from Guadeloupe.  

21 minutes ago, paiviannika said:

So there is a cruise from Barbados then? Very confusing, my travel agent was unable to book it, but told me there is a possibility to start the cruise from Guadeloupe.  

The 14 nights from Barbados is VERY popular for UK cruisers, and sails every fortnight from 28 November 23 through March 2024. Your problem is they are already sold out. The same cruise 'commences' every Saturday in Fort-de-France, Martinique and every Sunday from Pointe-a-Pitre, Guadeloupe. Very occasionally, they also board passengers in St Maarten.

It is very easy to keep track of it all, seasoned MSC cruisers are used to this in the Mediterranean.

• Like 2

Barbados was not offered by MSC direct but you could book it with some selected TAs. Now it is available on their website.

Few weeks after I originally posted the topic South Caribbean was available again on MSC website and then disappeared again and it is back now. 

I do with they would consider some longer cruises out of Miami or Canaveral.  9-12 days or so, getting all the way down to the ABC's or go east to Barbados, etc...I have taken both of these routes on Celebrity..great cruises.