Laundry / dry cleaning? Elite , in royal suite

George C

7 hours ago, George C said:

Trying to cut down on luggage we bring on board , I know they can launder underwear socks , can they handle dress shirts , or press pants. Thanks we are on summit if that matters. 

They will wash and press dress shirts and dry clean and press suits and pants, not an issue. Clearly note you want the shirts washing and pressing. 

However, if your dress shirts are other than standard fabric you would be happy to put in a mixed wash at home I wouldn’t put them in the usual bag. If you did need one laundering mid cruise I would hand it in a separate bag to the butler explaining it is ‘special care’ and hopefully the butler will pass the instructions on to laundry. I only know this as I spilled red wine over a much loved delicate blouse that I wouldn’t normally send to the laundry. The butler arrived as I was dithering between the sink and risking laundry. I know it didn’t follow the usual route as it was back in my room perfectly clean and pressed only two hours later.…We did send a tip to laundry via the butler as we felt it was ‘service above and beyond’.

• Like 6

Yes, you can ask for a few special things if you are in a RS.  As mentioned, just speak directly with your butler.  When you are in a "higher suite" (such as RS), laundry essentially is unlimited.

Still, there are a number of things I may send to have pressed but not laundered.  For example, I likely do not need to launder a pair of pants that I only wore for a few hours in the evening, but they may need pressing.  Laundry still is a bit of a crapshoot on board, no matter what.

• Like 1

In a royal suite, you are not limited to your Elite status bags of laundry.  You may send out laundry and dry cleaning as often as you wish.  It has nothing to do with your Elite status.  It has to do with your being in a royal suite.  That's a benefit of the suite.  Get your butler and cabin attendant to bring you several laundry bags and laundry slips.  Then you don't have to risk sending darks out with lights, etc.  Just write royal suite on the slip.  Your laundry will come back pressed and on hangers.

• Like 1

I believe the website shows some sort of limit on laundry and dry cleaning.  They had to put that in there because people were abusing the unlimited laundry and sending all their friends' laundry.  As long as you're only sending out your own laundry and dry cleaning, you will not have a problem getting unlimited laundry.

• Like 1

Just to clarify - laundry and dry cleaning are available to any cabin. Those of us in more humble cabins won't get the special treatment like garments back in a couple of hours, but our clothes will still be cleaned, cleaned and pressed, or pressed 😁🤣

4 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

Just to clarify - laundry and dry cleaning are available to any cabin. Those of us in more humble cabins won't get the special treatment like garments back in a couple of hours, but our clothes will still be cleaned, cleaned and pressed, or pressed 😁🤣

But one bag is free for elite , if two are elite we can get 2 bags. Royal and above does have really nice perks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, George C said:

But one bag is free for elite , if two are elite we can get 2 bags. Royal and above does have really nice perks.

Yes, we’re Elite Plus & we do use the perk. More now than before since we are travelling with carryons only. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, George C said:

Thanks for the replies , should help us from going from 4 suitecases to 3 .

Just keep my lesson in mind:  if ship's laundry/dry cleaning ruins your item you will be advised to claim the loss through your home insurance (are you joking?  and risk an increase in my rates??); that they assume NO responsibility! (Now I only bring items I won't be upset about if damaged.)

I received my sports coat back in a few hours. Asked my steward nicely.

The ruined a blouse and we were told to go to the shops and find a replacement.  Both in a veranda.

Amazing what can happen if one is clear, states just facts, and offered a solution that is reasonable

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 10:21 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

The ruined a blouse and we were told to go to the shops and find a replacement.  Both in a veranda.

Amazing what can happen if one is clear, states just facts, and offered a solution that is reasonable

So it's hit or miss, I think.  I don't get excited when on vacation. We were in a CS or RS and the damage was obvious to my silk blouse.  I asked what could be done and the response was in my previous post.