Upgraded to central park balcony 14617 on allure

I was just upgraded to a central park balcony on Allure of the seas 3/26 using royalup.   Apparently my room has an obstucted view.   I was just wondering does anyone have any experience with this room or a comparable room.  Always had interior rooms so im excited as it is definitely a nice change.  Just curious what to expect.  Thanks for any input.

18 minutes ago, Jaybarch01 said:

I was just upgraded to a central park balcony on Allure of the seas 3/26 using royalup.   Apparently my room has an obstucted view.   I was just wondering does anyone have any experience with this room or a comparable room.  Always had interior rooms so im excited as it is definitely a nice change.  Just curious what to expect.  Thanks for any input.

Your cabin sets right beside the super structure running across the width of Central Park. Look at a  YouTube vide of Central Park and look up. 

I have not stayed in that cabin.

There is a common concern expressed about any cabin on Deck 14 on Oasis class: there might be noise transmitted down from the pool deck above.  I would take earplugs and perhaps download a white noise app for the phone.  Hopefully you won’t need either one, but it is good to be prepared just in case.

There are people who really like deck 14 as it is so convenient to the pool deck and WJ.  Hopefully that will be you.

Edited by Starry Eyes

1 hour ago, HicksRA said:

Check to see if there are any better cabins available in the same category and call to move if possible. 

Good point.  Usually there aren’t any cabins left when people win RoyalUp, but I think there are in this case. I see 4 CP cabins on deck 12 right now.  I’d ask to switch to one of those asap before they disappear 

1 minute ago, Starry Eyes said:

Good point.  Usually there aren’t any cabins left when people win RoyalUp, but I think there are in this case. I see 4 CP cabins on deck 12 right now.  I’d ask to switch to one of those asap before they disappear 

I believe there is no changes or cancelations with a RoyalUp win, what you get is what you get. 

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

Your cabin sets right beside the super structure running across the width of Central Park. Look at a  YouTube vide of Central Park and look up. 

Ok thanks i did.  Doesnt look too bad.

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

I have not stayed in that cabin.

There is a common concern expressed about any cabin on Deck 14 on Oasis class: there might be noise transmitted down from the pool deck above.  I would take earplugs and perhaps download a white noise app for the phone.  Hopefully you won’t need either one, but it is good to be prepared just in case.

There are people who really like deck 14 as it is so convenient to the pool deck and WJ.  Hopefully that will be you.

I sleep with white noise and not too concerned about it during the day.   It should be generally quiet at nightsay after 12 or so?

1 hour ago, HicksRA said:

Check to see if there are any better cabins available in the same category and call to move if possible. 

Nothing is listed on the website other than ocean view balconies which i don’t necessarily want.   Was looking for Central Park or boardwalk.  I may give them a call just to double check though.

3 minutes ago, Jaybarch01 said:

Ok thanks i did.  Doesnt look too bad.

I sleep with white noise and not too concerned about it during the day.   It should be generally quiet at nightsay after 12 or so?

Nothing is listed on the website other than ocean view balconies which i don’t necessarily want.   Was looking for Central Park or boardwalk.  I may give them a call just to double check though.

Some people complain about noise on deck 14 cabins, others don’t.  Maybe it is cabin location or noise sensitivity or dumb luck🤷‍♀️.  On some ships over the years people complain about hearing deck chairs moved in early morning hours.  I don’t know that you will experience anything like this; I hope not.   Some people avoid deck 14 because they worry about noise.  

When I do a mock booking for your cruise, I see available CP balconies on deck 12.  If it were me, I’d politely ask to switch to one of those and see what they say (call your travel agent if you used one; Royal if you did not)

we like the CP balconies.  Hope you have a great cruise!

Just now, Starry Eyes said:

Some people complain about noise on deck 14 cabins, others don’t.  Maybe it is cabin location or noise sensitivity or dumb luck🤷‍♀️.  On some ships over the years people complain about hearing deck chairs moved in early morning hours.  I don’t know that you will experience anything like this; I hope not.   Some people avoid deck 14 because they worry about noise.  

When I do a mock booking for your cruise, I see available CP balconies on deck 12.  If it were me, I’d politely ask to switch to one of those and see what they say (call your travel agent if you used one; Royal if you did not)

we like the CP balconies.  Hope you have a great cruise!

Your right i was looking at the wrong dates.  Ill ask about moving to a different room but if i cant im not too worried.  I guess it depends how early they move chairs as I generally sleep 2a-8a or so

24 minutes ago, Jaybarch01 said:

Your right i was looking at the wrong dates.  Ill ask about moving to a different room but if i cant im not too worried.  I guess it depends how early they move chairs as I generally sleep 2a-8a or so

it's early, as early at 5 in the morning sometimes.  They need to have it ready for the chair hogs who show up by about 6:30 to put a towel on a chair.  😛  

2 hours ago, Jaybarch01 said:

Here is the view from the same cabin but on the port side, looking at what would be your cabin on the starboard side.  Note:  This is Oasis, but they are set up the same.  

CP balcony 1.jpg

CP balcony 2.jpg

2 minutes ago, rockmom said:

it's early, as early at 5 in the morning sometimes.  They need to have it ready for the chair hogs who show up by about 6:30 to put a towel on a chair.  😛  

lol i guess ill see how it goes then.   Im a light sleeper but itll be my first oasis class ship and first room that isnt an interior so im looking forward to it.

14 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Here is the view from the same cabin but on the port side, looking at what would be your cabin on the starboard side.  Note:  This is Oasis, but they are set up the same.  

CP balcony 1.jpg

CP balcony 2.jpg

thank you! That isnt too bad at all actually.

Just got off a B2B on Allure.  The Deck 14 noise issue all comes down to whether or not there are deck chairs above the stateroom.  

On this cruise the first week we were right under the Solarium and the noise from the deck chairs was awful.  The worst happens about 6am with what I figured was cleaning time since there would be lots of very loud movement for a few minutes and then stop.  Either that, or it was chair hogs setting up their little utopias.  Then after that you hear every movement of a chair for the rest of the day.  We were fortunate enough that someone was a no-show for the 2nd week, so we were able to move to a balcony on Deck 10.  

From the pictures above it looks like there may not be chairs directly above this stateroom, but there are some a few rooms down.  So you may get some slight noise from those, but probably not the jarring sound of them being right above you.

Enjoy your balcony!

1 hour ago, rockmom said:

rockmom is right, we were in those cabins on Allure just behind where you are saying your cabin is located a few years ago. The were "setting up" chairs as early as 5-5:30 am, one day it sounded like they were literally throwing them onto the pool deck. Was not an ideal situation. Even with ear plugs, it got so bad we complained to Guest Services, to no avail...