Christmas cruise on Seascape - what to bring, do, what´s offered?

kasi1979

Hi,

we decided to escape the wet cold of middle Europe and go on an cruise this christmas.

Flights, hotels, cruise all booked.

As right now there is very little available to pre-book via MSC I am looking for infos.

We´ll board Seascape at Miami on dec 23rd, first stop is Nassau on christmas eve, than San Juan on 26th dec, followed by puerto plata and the private island.

Is anything open in San Juan on the 26th? Any must-dos for the ports?

as  for the ship:
Am I allowed to bring on some christmas sweets, for stockings etc?

What about battery operated decoration for our stateroom?

I searched quite a bit but did not find what MSC offered onboard for christmas. Do they have special dinners? A visit from santa, anything I should be aware of? 

Lot´s of questions, I know and possibly more to come, but I want this vacation to be memorable for the whole family, and it´s the first time dd(9) doesn´t spent christmas at home...

• 7 months later...

I’ll be on then too. I’m bringing battery operated lights and a 4’ tall tree for our stateroom. San Juan will be hoping on the 26th. Puerto Rico is part of the US, so we don’t get extended time off at holidays like the rest of the world. 

3 hours ago, Rozemakr said:

I’ll be on then too. I’m bringing battery operated lights and a 4’ tall tree for our stateroom. San Juan will be hoping on the 26th. Puerto Rico is part of the US, so we don’t get extended time off at holidays like the rest of the world. 

4 INCHES or 4 FEET?  I'm pretty sure a 4Ft tree would be confiscated as a potential fire hazard

19 hours ago, Rozemakr said:

4 feet. It’s just a cheap thing from 5 Below. 

Even in suites over the years, there have been very few we'd be willing to share with a 4' Christmas tree... especially when the ships tend to be littered with tress over the Christmas period..

4 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Even in suites over the years, there have been very few we'd be willing to share with a 4' Christmas tree... especially when the ships tend to be littered with tress over the Christmas period..

We have a royal suite. I think there should be enough room. 

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, blueslily said:

When does MSC usually put up Christmas decorations? Seascape 

The ship is usually fully decorated at the end of the Thanksgiving week cruise. We have cruised numerous times over Thanksgiving and this has held true on each cruise line we have sailed. We will be one Seascape over Thanksgiving and I expect the same

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, lcpagejr said:

The ship is usually fully decorated at the end of the Thanksgiving week cruise. We have cruised numerous times over Thanksgiving and this has held true on each cruise line we have sailed. We will be one Seascape over Thanksgiving and I expect the same

Thank you. We sail on Seascape Dec 9. Taking a couple first timers that are hoping for Christmas decorations