CLIA RiverView Conference in Vienna

notamermaid

Although self-evident to me - and many other people I am sure - the CLIA chair Mr. Bouldin felt the need to say this: https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/tour-operators/clia-chair-urges-river-cruise-operators-to-broaden-narrow-websites

Perhaps there are too few young people in photos being very active on a river cruise on the company's websites...

We all know the power of good photos and being employed in tourism marketing myself I am familiar with what photos can do - I prefer to leave all that instagram fiddling to my younger colleagues though.

I agree that there is a good river cruise out there that will fit (almost) everyone, apart from paragliding perhaps.

You just need to know how to guide your customer to the product - be it a relaxing trip gliding along a river or canal or a family adventure trip on a custom-built river cruise ship for those active youngsters.

notamermaid

Edited by notamermaid
spelling

OTOH I think it's misleading for cruise lines to feature young models, dressed in designer clothes, who bear no relationship to the actual customers or ambience on board.  We were almost put off our first luxury ocean cruise until our travel agent assured us that real passengers do not dress like the models in the brochures.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1