B2B???

Mamaof6Blessings

My daughter and I are going on a Disney cruise with her dance studio November 10-13. I just booked a Carnival cruise for November 13-18 for us plus my husband and 5 sons. Both cruises are out of Port Canaveral. Am I making a big mistake? I was so excited about this idea but what if the Disney cruise is delayed and my daughter and I don't make it onto the Carnival ship in time? Is this a doable situation or is this going to be a disaster?? 

43 minutes ago, Mamaof6Blessings said:

My daughter and I are going on a Disney cruise with her dance studio November 10-13. I just booked a Carnival cruise for November 13-18 for us plus my husband and 5 sons. Both cruises are out of Port Canaveral. Am I making a big mistake? I was so excited about this idea but what if the Disney cruise is delayed and my daughter and I don't make it onto the Carnival ship in time? Is this a doable situation or is this going to be a disaster?? 

I'm not familiar with what dock Carnival uses in Port Canaveral, but AS A GUESS, I'd say you'd probably be OK.  I would suggest you try to debark the Disney ship as soon as you can, in order to make the connection.  

If DCL is delayed and you don't make it in in time to get to the Carnival ship before the all aboard, you'll (obviously) miss the Carnival cruise.

my husband would be able to pick us up from the Disney cruise terminal and drive us to the Carnival terminal so we will not have to walk with our luggage. And I will definitely be getting travel insurance just in case. I just really want to make this work. 

The Carnival cruise is scheduled to depart port at 4:00. Will all aboard time be 3:00? Or is it earlier?

23 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

I'm not familiar with what dock Carnival uses in Port Canaveral, but AS A GUESS, I'd say you'd probably be OK.  I would suggest you try to debark the Disney ship as soon as you can, in order to make the connection.  

If DCL is delayed and you don't make it in in time to get to the Carnival ship before the all aboard, you'll (obviously) miss the Carnival cruise.

Which Carnival ship? 

On 3/15/2023 at 10:39 PM, Mamaof6Blessings said:

I think your chances of a seamless switch are 95%.  Someone can probably come up with exact numbers of ships/situations of delayed arrival at home port.  Travel insurance is a good idea, just read the policy very carefully.  What's the first port for the Carnival ship?  How would you get there if it's even allowed?