Quick thoughts on Panorama

pc_load_letter

3 hours ago, Derbie said:

Thanks!  What kind of price range is JiJi's?  Do you happen to know where the secret deck is located?  I have an older screen shot of a post where the person was able to see the stars from an area in the secret deck.  It is on my bucket list to see the milky way, etc. 

Jijis is $15/pp.  I love the Peppered Beef there.

Sadly they changed the lunch options and it is no longer like the Mongolian Wok and now has a menu of set entrees.

On 3/16/2023 at 10:25 AM, cacruisin said:

Did the ship feel crowded?  Full of kids?  I am sailing with 4 teenagers so I'm likely to be more with the offender then the victim but just curious.....

One thing I wanted to mention, just be sure that for whatever you want to do, or when you want to eat, get there early or expect a wait. Sea day brunch was a long wait, about 30 minutes. So for dining, use the app to put in for a table and maybe get a drink.

Same for the shows, get their early for good seats. We generally ate at various  times and would sometimes opt for smaller portions, but would come back for maybe another small bite a few hours later.

21 minutes ago, Caps_Shield said:

@pc_load_letter  or anyone who knows, what has the weather been like on sea days and especially nights.  It has been cold on the west coast lately.  Do you think jackets are needed?

Well, sea days were always warm but with wind. Evenings were chilly to outright cold. I often bring a small lightweight zip up sweater I call my "Mr Rodgers sweater". Morning clouds until they burn off.

But that's what's frustrating...like I stated above, the inside of the ship was always running warm with the outside cold. Hard to dress if you go from a warm dining room to the cold open air for a deck party.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2023 at 10:25 AM, cacruisin said:

Did the ship feel crowded?  Full of kids?  I am sailing with 4 teenagers so I'm likely to be more with the offender then the victim but just curious.....

Did you eat at Jiji's or Cucina?  

TIA

We were on the Panorama last month and it quickly became my least favorite ship.

To answer your question, yes, at least to us, it felt very crowded. 
First time ever that to get a pizza around midnight it took up to 45 minutes because of how long the line was.

Theres only two pools of which only one was semi heated. The kids literally took the pools over. So much so that if you’re an older guy such as myself you’d be self conscious getting in (like you’re some

kind of creep).

The comedy shows we’re usually full and if you weren’t in line at least 15 minutes before they let people in you probably wouldn’t get in. 
The omelette station moved fast but was still a 15-20 minute wait.

All in all, we kept saying the worst day of cruising is still better than the best day at work (to steal from the old fishing adage). But there were times where I thought to myself really? I’ve had some good times at work and definitely never had to worry about the crowd. Lol

• Like 3

19 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

Well, sea days were always warm but with wind. Evenings were chilly to outright cold. I often bring a small lightweight zip up sweater I call my "Mr Rodgers sweater". Morning clouds until they burn off.

But that's what's frustrating...like I stated above, the inside of the ship was always running warm with the outside cold. Hard to dress if you go from a warm dining room to the cold open air for a deck party.

Thank you for the info!

On 3/19/2023 at 9:50 AM, vwrestler171 said:

Jijis is $15/pp.  I love the Peppered Beef there.

Sadly they changed the lunch options and it is no longer like the Mongolian Wok and now has a menu of set entrees.

We LOVE the Duck and Pork Belly!

On 3/19/2023 at 9:57 AM, pc_load_letter said:

One thing I wanted to mention, just be sure that for whatever you want to do, or when you want to eat, get there early or expect a wait. Sea day brunch was a long wait, about 30 minutes. So for dining, use the app to put in for a table and maybe get a drink.

Same for the shows, get their early for good seats. We generally ate at various  times and would sometimes opt for smaller portions, but would come back for maybe another small bite a few hours later.

I didn't think they allowed you to come again the same night. I know that you can go in the morning to sea day brunch for breakfast and can not return for lunch. I hope you are correct. It would be nice to go early for dinner and return later for dessert. I also don't understand why you cannot go to a specialty restaurant for dinner and then go later to the main dining room. You have paid for both of them.

On 3/21/2023 at 3:03 PM, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

I also don't understand why you cannot go to a specialty restaurant for dinner and then go later to the main dining room. You have paid for both of them.

You actually did not pay for both of them. You paid an additional charge to have your dinner in the specialty restaurant instead of the MDR. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 12:14 PM, pc_load_letter said:

I didn't feel it was necessary to write a review as most of us know what to expect with Carnival and Panorama. For our last cruise, we generally had a great time.

I guess my wishes for Panorama in the future would be as follows...

• Swap the Seafood Shack with a Shaq's chicken. I think I saw three people get food from here. I think it would help ease the lines for the other options.
  • Add to hottubs to the main pool deck where the circular sitting areas reside currently. I think this is largely dead space and would be better suited for hottubs since the aft hottubs get packed quickly.

As far as the cruise experience...my thoughts are...

• Marti the cruise director was not that good and even kinda boring. He somehow made Love and Marriage boring.
  • At the start of everyday, the aft and sides of the ship were covered in black "soot". We like to get to out early so we were constantly dealing with this and it would routinely get on our clothes. I found this odd because I've never seen this on other ships or even Carnival ships.
  • Shopping options are poor.
  • Rolling Deal or No Deal into Love and Marriage sucked. I guess if you want to get good seats for Love and Marriage, get to Deal or No Deal first and sit through that garbage.
  • Enjoyed MDR for the first time in a long time. Not sure if it's a new Carnival menu fleet wide but we enjoyed the options in the MDR.
  • Door card reader "died" on us twice requiring staff to change battery. Yeah, it's fun standing outside your room with a security staffer (who also couldn't get in the room) with dozens of people walking by lol.
  • I thought the elevators were fine
  • Temperature throughout the entire ship always seemed to run hot. Except our room, AC in the room worked great.
  • Buffet was very hit or miss. Some dishes were excellent and some were meh and cold.
  • Gym was extremely hot. And gym is way to small for a ship that size.
  • Free dry sauna was broke 😞
  • Panorama house band was excellent
  • Why do people think they need to slam their door to close it??
  • Pizza cooks were nailing it! Never had to wait long.
  • Deli was a dissapointment
  • Steakhouse was good. Service was sloooooowwwwww though.

And as always, staff were all great and drinks were all strong. But I've said it before, I think I enjoy Radiance more.

Also, it was news to me but it looks like another berth (dock I dunno the correct term) looks to be being built. Hope they expand parking soon.

Appreciate the review, send her east, we will take her in a heartbeat.

On 3/16/2023 at 11:04 AM, pc_load_letter said:

**And regarding shows, I thought they were all pretty good. I especially like the three violins show.

I second this!!  Flying fingers (the violin trio) were amazing.  After dinner, we would listen to their sets in the atrium while waiting for the theatre to open.

On 3/16/2023 at 9:14 AM, pc_load_letter said:

I didn't feel it was necessary to write a review as most of us know what to expect with Carnival and Panorama. For our last cruise, we generally had a great time.

I guess my wishes for Panorama in the future would be as follows...

• Swap the Seafood Shack with a Shaq's chicken. I think I saw three people get food from here. I think it would help ease the lines for the other options.
  • Add to hottubs to the main pool deck where the circular sitting areas reside currently. I think this is largely dead space and would be better suited for hottubs since the aft hottubs get packed quickly.

As far as the cruise experience...my thoughts are...

• Marti the cruise director was not that good and even kinda boring. He somehow made Love and Marriage boring.
  • At the start of everyday, the aft and sides of the ship were covered in black "soot". We like to get to out early so we were constantly dealing with this and it would routinely get on our clothes. I found this odd because I've never seen this on other ships or even Carnival ships.
  • Shopping options are poor.
  • Rolling Deal or No Deal into Love and Marriage sucked. I guess if you want to get good seats for Love and Marriage, get to Deal or No Deal first and sit through that garbage.
  • Enjoyed MDR for the first time in a long time. Not sure if it's a new Carnival menu fleet wide but we enjoyed the options in the MDR.
  • Door card reader "died" on us twice requiring staff to change battery. Yeah, it's fun standing outside your room with a security staffer (who also couldn't get in the room) with dozens of people walking by lol.
  • I thought the elevators were fine
  • Temperature throughout the entire ship always seemed to run hot. Except our room, AC in the room worked great.
  • Buffet was very hit or miss. Some dishes were excellent and some were meh and cold.
  • Gym was extremely hot. And gym is way to small for a ship that size.
  • Free dry sauna was broke 😞
  • Panorama house band was excellent
  • Why do people think they need to slam their door to close it??
  • Pizza cooks were nailing it! Never had to wait long.
  • Deli was a dissapointment
  • Steakhouse was good. Service was sloooooowwwwww though.

And as always, staff were all great and drinks were all strong. But I've said it before, I think I enjoy Radiance more.

Also, it was news to me but it looks like another berth (dock I dunno the correct term) looks to be being built. Hope they expand parking soon.

Just off the Panorama. It was one of the best cruises we have ever took. Marty was fine and very access. We had our best meal and service in the shake shack. Is the battery change in your door really that big of a deal? I rated this cruise a 9.5 out of ten

On 3/16/2023 at 9:21 AM, mz-s said:

They probably are doing some construction in the port of Long Beach to support the upcoming Firenze.

I agree Seafood Shack seems to be underutilized, I would love to see it replaced with Shaq's fleetwide.

The food is not that good. Not worth the upcharge 

Just now, FastShip24 said:

Just off the Panorama. It was one of the best cruises we have ever took. Marty was fine and very access. We had our best meal and service in the shake shack. Is the battery change in your door really that big of a deal? I rated this cruise a 9.5 out of ten

***** is a shake shack? Was your cruise in Manhattan? 

And yes, when it happens twice and I need to get to an event, it's a big fricking deal especially when it takes more than 30 minutes out of my day to sit there and wait for the "engineer" to come.

Yes, Marty was "very access". Sure, he was all over the ship for sure. But not funny in the slightest.

15 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

***** is a shake shack? Was your cruise in Manhattan? 

And yes, when it happens twice and I need to get to an event, it's a big fricking deal especially when it takes more than 30 minutes out of my day to sit there and wait for the "engineer" to come.

Yes, Marty was "very access". Sure, he was all over the ship for sure. But not funny in the slightest.

I guess big deal is different to people.