Carnival trans-Atlantic cruises

Yes Carnival adds extra events on longer sailings. They call them “Carnival journeys” cruises. They add enrichment lectures on stuff like photography, stargazing, etc.  They also have Q&A sessions from various departments (maritime, entertainment, hotel operations) throughout the cruise. They also add on dance classes and will usually have a 50’s dance hop one night. And there will usually be a throwback day where the whole day will a throwback to that time, it’s usually in the 1980’s or 1990’s. The whole ship will be decorated according to that decade, they even have an old timey photo booth setup. Carnival really goes out of their way to make their longer cruises more fun. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2023 at 7:24 PM, cruisinqt said:

Yes Carnival adds extra events on longer sailings. They call them “Carnival journeys” cruises. They add enrichment lectures on stuff like photography, stargazing, etc.  They also have Q&A sessions from various departments (maritime, entertainment, hotel operations) throughout the cruise. They also add on dance classes and will usually have a 50’s dance hop one night. And there will usually be a throwback day where the whole day will a throwback to that time, it’s usually in the 1980’s or 1990’s. The whole ship will be decorated according to that decade, they even have an old timey photo booth setup. Carnival really goes out of their way to make their longer cruises more fun. 

I had no idea, Royal Caribbean does nothing!

7 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

On the two TAs I have done with RCL they has always been speakers , last September they also had art classes and progressive trivia

I've been on 8 Transatlantics and 7 with Royal.  This includes: San Juan-Barcelona, Southampton-Cape May/NJ/NYC, Palma Majorca-Colon, Santos-Lisbon, Miami-Barcelona, Fort Lauderdale-Malaga, etc.

1 hour ago, gkbiiii said:

I've been on 8 Transatlantics and 7 with Royal.  This includes: San Juan-Barcelona, Southampton-Cape May/NJ/NYC, Palma Majorca-Colon, Santos-Lisbon, Miami-Barcelona, Fort Lauderdale-Malaga, etc.

I guess that was unfortunate for you 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I guess that was unfortunate for you 

Yes, including celebrity, the enrichment offerings have been sad.  That is why, I am looking into a long Cunard QM2 World Voyage, or fully around South America.

6 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

Yes, including celebrity, the enrichment offerings have been sad.  That is why, I am looking into a long Cunard QM2 World Voyage, or fully around South America.

The enrichment offering at the Sunset Bar on Celebrity are pretty good🤣

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

I had no idea, Royal Caribbean does nothing!

That’s good to know because I was contemplating some longer sailings with them. On the longer journeys you need extra stuff to make those extra sea days more fun so I’ll probably stick to cruise lines that do more things. Lectures are interesting but I really like the throwback days and dance classes. My favorites were the 1950 throwback day and the 1987 throwback day. It was fun learning the jitterbug and the Charleston too. 

58 minutes ago, cruisinqt said:

That’s good to know because I was contemplating some longer sailings with them. On the longer journeys you need extra stuff to make those extra sea days more fun so I’ll probably stick to cruise lines that do more things. Lectures are interesting but I really like the throwback days and dance classes. My favorites were the 1950 throwback day and the 1987 throwback day. It was fun learning the jitterbug and the Charleston too. 

Good thing everyone like different things 😁

• Like 1