Quebec City Disembarking Question

Readytogo

I am booked on the Caribbean Princess FLL/Quebec City. We arrive into QC on a Thursday. The cruise ends on Friday. I want to take a 5:15am flight out of YQC airport on Friday morning. My question is, will we be able to leave the ship anytime after arrival in QC? Thank you.

On 3/16/2023 at 5:56 PM, Readytogo said:

I am booked on the Caribbean Princess FLL/Quebec City. We arrive into QC on a Thursday. The cruise ends on Friday. I want to take a 5:15am flight out of YQC airport on Friday morning. My question is, will we be able to leave the ship anytime after arrival in QC? Thank you.

Ask Princess.  You would need to be processed by customs. 

On 3/16/2023 at 8:56 PM, Readytogo said:

I am assuming you are doing this trip departing July 22 2023.  We did this cruise last year and you clear customs at the first Canadian port you arrive in.  In this case it is Saint John NB.  I cannot remember if the boarding ramp was open all night.  I do remember there were no taxis nearby when we left at 0700hrs.  There was no designated taxi stand at that time.  Hopefully someone has more info for you.  Strongly suspect you will have to book a taxi the night before.  BTW, it was a fabulous itinerary and cruise.

Cheers  Louden

1 hour ago, Readytogo said:

Thank you.

7 hours ago, louden said:

I am assuming you are doing this trip departing July 22 2023.  We did this cruise last year and you clear customs at the first Canadian port you arrive in.  In this case it is Saint John NB.  I cannot remember if the boarding ramp was open all night.  I do remember there were no taxis nearby when we left at 0700hrs.  There was no designated taxi stand at that time.  Hopefully someone has more info for you.  Strongly suspect you will have to book a taxi the night before.  BTW, it was a fabulous itinerary and cruise.

Cheers  Louden

My bad!  Apologies!

Just to add here….this IS a great itinerary and Quebec City should not be missed (if at all possible).  I too had originally thought I should disembark at zero dark thirty to make my flight home but decided against it and instead spent the night in QC, giving me a whole extra day to disembark slowly and enjoy the Canadian hospitality before easily taking a flight home the next morning.  Just a thought.

• Like 1

We also stayed an extra night and enjoyed it. We stayed at Manoir Morgan, opposite Fontenac. Took the bus, right there, to Montmorency Falls and then the HoHo around Quebec. Really enjoyed the hotel.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chefchick said:

Just to add here….this IS a great itinerary and Quebec City should not be missed (if at all possible).  I too had originally thought I should disembark at zero dark thirty to make my flight home but decided against it and instead spent the night in QC, giving me a whole extra day to disembark slowly and enjoy the Canadian hospitality before easily taking a flight home the next morning.  Just a thought.

This is probably what we will end up doing. Traveling with adult daughter while 4 year old granddaughter stays behind for “grandmommy camp!” Anticipating we will be ready to get home after 2 full weeks away. 

14 minutes ago, Readytogo said:

Have not. Will look at that option. 

Flights are double to our home airport from Quebec City compared to Montreal. The train looks like a nice way to end a voyage. Looks walkable from Quebec City port to station, then from station to the Montreal airport.

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

Flights are double to our home airport from Quebec City compared to Montreal. The train looks like a nice way to end a voyage. Looks walkable from Quebec City port to station, then from station to the Montreal airport.

Looks like a 4 hour trip. Yuk!!! But, may be the lesser of the two evils!

It is much cheaper to just rent a car and drive it.  You have to pick the car up at the Quebec City airport.  Even with taxi to the airport, car rental rate, and gasoline, if you are more than a group of one, it will be cheaper than the train.  We are using Enterprise.

• Like 1