Stealth change to boarding pass

Squirreladd

Guest BasicSailor
21 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

So Platinum/Diamond can no longer drop off luggage prior to 1:30 PM?  When did this change? I guess I missed that little tidbit of info since we last cruised with CCL in December.  

Thats the way it looks to me. Stateroom access will be available at 1:30 PM for all guest, including VIPF Diamond and platinum.

boarding pass.jpg

Edited by BasicSailor

13 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I am hoping that somehow this guest got a "draft" boarding pass because the typo, abbreviations for port and ship, and no final boarding time makes me think something is wrong.

even if it was a draft, the stateroom access is not new. noticed it on my previous cruise 

• Like 1

Just to add in on this. Booked on Miracle out of LB on the 23rd with FTTF. My printed boarding pass says FTTF for boarding zone and no mention of staterooms not being accessible until 1:30 PM. Pulled up the boarding pass on the website and it shows A02 now as loading zone, TBA for final boarding, and has the added words that stateroom access will be available at 1:30 PM for all guests, including diamond and platinum.

I'm just going with the ones I've already printed. 🙂

• Like 1

My original boarding pass described my Boarding Zone as "Priority" when I did the online checkin.  Several hours later that day my Boarding Zone was changed to G01.  I assume it is because we are boarding during the 1:00 pm - 1:30 pm time window.  I printed both versions and will start with the first version and see where it leads us. 

Could this boarding zone interpretation be correct with the letter being the beginning of each 30 minute window? 

AXX = 10:00 BXX = 10:30  CXX = 11:00 DXX = 11:30 EXX = 12:00, FXX = 12:30, GXX = 1:00

I had a conversation on this subject with our room steward last month on the Carnival Freedom.  We are Platinum and our Zone was A01.  Diamonds were called first, then Suites followed by Platinums.  We went to our cabin a little after 11 am after boarding.  The bed and bathrooms were completed, but they still had to vacuum. The room steward happened to come by and introduced himself, stated he still had a few things to complete.  We told him we were Platinum and he told me that since we are Platinum we can drop the carryon luggage off.  We put our passports in the safe and the carryon stuff under the bed and we went upstairs for lunch.  

Therefore as of last month D & Ps are allowed to drop off carryon items in their cabin and leave.  I recommend to put your stuff somewhere that does not interfere with them completing the cabin.

Final note: I went back to the cabin about 45 minutes later and was stop by a security guard who told that the cabins were ready yet. I showed him boarding pass and told him I was Platinum he corrected himself “ok, just visit your cabin to get my sunglasses and leave the area”.  So on the Freedom this is a double confirmation that D&Ps have early access.

We are Platinum and have sailed multiple times since the pandemic. We usually have A01-A05 printed on our boarding passes. It’s never meant much as they have a list they follow on who boards first. It’s always been weddings first, then suites and Diamonds, then Platinum, then FTTF followed by everyone else. That was how it went on the Horizon, Vista, Mardi Gras, Celebration, and Panorama for us, not sure of the other ships.  We’ve also always been allowed to drop off our bags in our cabin as soon as we board. We just show them our Platinum boarding passes and they’re fine with it. 

7 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

That's only for "VIPF" members, as indicated on the boarding pass. That doesn't apply to VIFP members. 😆

And Platinum got downgraded to non-capitalization platinum 😉

1 hour ago, cruisinqt said:

We are Platinum and have sailed multiple times since the pandemic. We usually have A01-A05 printed on our boarding passes... 

We’ve also always been allowed to drop off our bags in our cabin as soon as we board. We just show them our Platinum boarding passes and they’re fine with it. 

That's the way it has been for us in the past as well, but the notification on the boarding pass that all Stateroom access will be available at 1:30 including Diamond and platinum is a New Addition that wasn't listed before.

Just now, mamiamjo said:

That's the way it has been for us in the past as well, but the notification on the boarding pass that all Stateroom access will be available at 1:30 including Diamond and platinum is a New Addition that wasn't listed before.

Well I’ll find out on our upcoming cruise in 4 weeks. I’ll be doing the drop off as usual if they allow me. Usually my cabin steward doesn’t mind. We’ll see. 

9 hours ago, mz-s said:

It's a shame that early stateroom access seems to be gone for everyone now.

We had early cabin availability (cabin done, cards in mail slot, we could have stayed if we wanted) on our cruise a couple of weeks ago in a suite. So there are still occasions, at least for suite guests, where your cabin is ready when you board.

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
47 minutes ago, cruisinqt said:

Well I’ll find out on our upcoming cruise in 4 weeks. I’ll be doing the drop off as usual if they allow me. Usually my cabin steward doesn’t mind. We’ll see. 

Hope all goes well.

Edited by BasicSailor

Guest BasicSailor
9 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

We had early cabin availability (cabin done, cards in mail slot, we could have stayed if we wanted) on our cruise a couple of weeks ago in a suite. So there are still occasions, at least for suite guests, where your cabin is ready when you board.

Thats what I see it becoming as well. Carnival is slowly changing the loyalty program before our eyes.

7 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

Thats what I see it becoming as well. Carnival is slowly changing the loyalty program before our eyes.

As I said in another thread, they don't care because there are plenty blue and red card folks behind us. But that won't be true forever.

• Like 2

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, mz-s said:

As I said in another thread, they don't care because there are plenty blue and red card folks behind us. But that won't be true forever.

I do believe you and it shows more and more everyday.

2 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

No marketing program is sustainable without change and very naive to think otherwise. Carnival even puts in black and white. It is not Carnival's responsibility to notify members of changes, it is the responsibility of the member to keep up.

"CCL reserves the right to alter or modify the Club at any time in CCL’s sole discretion without notice to Members, including without limitation, the right to add, modify, delete or otherwise change any provision of the Terms and Conditions or any aspect of the Club, including without limitation, any procedure, the Levels, the number of VIFP Points required for any Level, the method of earning VIFP Points, and the Benefits, each as defined below. CCL further reserves the right to terminate the Club at any time without notice to Members. Since any changes will be posted on this page, Members should check this page regularly. Continued membership in the Club following any changes to these Terms and Conditions constitutes acceptance of such changes. "

Some think they have earned something when if fact they have earned nothing..

"Accumulated VIFP Points are not Member’s property and may be revoked, cancelled, limited or modified at any time. "

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

Are you a red or blue card? Well over a million Platinum cruisers and numerous Diamonds. No lack of priority people on Journey cruises.

Carnival obviously is getting sufficient return customers.

Guest BasicSailor
21 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

No marketing program is sustainable without change and very naive to think otherwise. Carnival even puts in black and white. It is not Carnival's responsibility to notify members of changes, it is the responsibility of the member to keep up.

"CCL reserves the right to alter or modify the Club at any time in CCL’s sole discretion without notice to Members, including without limitation, the right to add, modify, delete or otherwise change any provision of the Terms and Conditions or any aspect of the Club, including without limitation, any procedure, the Levels, the number of VIFP Points required for any Level, the method of earning VIFP Points, and the Benefits, each as defined below. CCL further reserves the right to terminate the Club at any time without notice to Members. Since any changes will be posted on this page, Members should check this page regularly. Continued membership in the Club following any changes to these Terms and Conditions constitutes acceptance of such changes. "

Some think they have earned something when if fact they have earned nothing..

"Accumulated VIFP Points are not Member’s property and may be revoked, cancelled, limited or modified at any time. "

I guess your posting this for the newbies that may be reading here.

Guest BasicSailor
29 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Carnival obviously is getting sufficient return customers.

Obviously . May not be for their future though.

Edited by BasicSailor

Guest BasicSailor
1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

Carnival has already proven that if they set cabin prices low enough, people cruise, regardless.

And that comment has yet to prevail for the recovery years to come. We have already seen what I consider the rock bottom prices which escalated in the new (No fighting videos) .   I can believe that as well🙃

From the Carnival FAQ here:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1380/kw/early cabin access

Carnival’s Priority Check-in is an exclusive service designed to afford our VIFP Platinum and Diamond guests, and those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations, with special embarkation and debarkation privileges on cruises from the U.S and Europe. Priority Check-in is not offered for Carnival Journeys cruises. Minors traveling with parents in separate staterooms, may check in together. 

• When completing online check-in, guests must select an Arrival Appointment that works best with their plans and follow that arrival time as we will not be able to accommodate guests who show up at a time outside the selected window.
  • The guest's boarding pass will be stamped PRIORITY for terminal and Captain’s Lounge** access. 
  • Upon arrival to the terminal, guests must look for the Priority line to check-in. 
  • Once on board the ship, guests will be able to drop off bags in their stateroom, but we ask that they return to the public areas of the ship as our team will still be working hard to get the ship ready for the cruise.

This has been our experience on two recent cruises. We opened the doors on deck 10, dropped off our luggage and went back on deck. Our cabin was ready by 11:45 AM on both.

Edited by BallFour4
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, cruisinqt said:

We are Platinum and have sailed multiple times since the pandemic. We usually have A01-A05 printed on our boarding passes. It’s never meant much as they have a list they follow on who boards first. It’s always been weddings first, then suites and Diamonds, then Platinum, then FTTF followed by everyone else. That was how it went on the Horizon, Vista, Mardi Gras, Celebration, and Panorama for us, not sure of the other ships.  We’ve also always been allowed to drop off our bags in our cabin as soon as we board. We just show them our Platinum boarding passes and they’re fine with it. 

DITTO for Galveston Departures

• Thanks 1