Stealth change to boarding pass

Squirreladd

3 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Take it up with Carnival, I can't help they pay peanuts.

Carnival doesn't refer to staff as third world. They don't hire directly, but go through various staffing agencies in many countries and regions without need to classify the employee.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

So... maybe J.H. should spend less time being snarky and more time reading. 

The boarding passes say: 

"Stateroom access will be available at 1:30"

He answered the question asked, sadly. I think your outrage is misplaced - the asker is the one who tried too hard to be snarky and asked the wrong question.

16 minutes ago, mz-s said:

He answered the question asked, sadly. I think your outrage is misplaced - the asker is the one who tried too hard to be snarky and asked the wrong question.

As the carnival spokesperson it is incumbent on him to know what is written on the document he is referring to and respond appropriately, regardless of the wording of the message he's responding to.

His reckless response just causes more confusion.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

As the carnival spokesperson it is incumbent on him to know what is written on the document he is referring to and respond appropriately, regardless of the wording of the message he's responding to.

I agree, it's nothing new for him though.

Guest BasicSailor
3 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Are you referring to the TV series he watches?  Zombies in Cruise Critic T-shirts. 🤣

Zombies GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

16 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Why? Entitled people don't pay attention to what is written anyway.

• Like 3

On 3/17/2023 at 2:32 AM, Squirreladd said:

Has anyone noticed this. I noticed that my boarding passes changed from when I first printed them in 3/4 to today 3/16. Some changes that caught my eye was the addition that all staterooms will ready at 1:30 and that my boarding zone changed from FTTF to A05. Is this a normal thing? Does the change to the boarding zone mean I lost the priority boarding that I paid for with the Faster to the Fun. 

Screenshot 1.png

screenshot 2.png

I just noticed this today and called in... We have two GrandSuites and FTTF on an extended balcony.. And I was informed the changes are at the ships discretion... And there's a possibility that it can change again.. If need, be.... 

I'm just going to use the already printed versions.. That show priority and fttf as the zones... And let them sort it out from there.... 

The Grand Suites went from "boarding zone priority" to "boarding zone a01" and the other from "boarding zone fttf" to "boarding zone a02"... However.. Our boarding times have stayed the same... Both.. The arrival appointment... AND the final boarding.. Times.... 

Happy Sailing, ALL!!! 💞☮️🙏🏽

This is just a guess but it wouldn't surprise me that the reason for the change is because those passengers who aren't Platinum, Diamond, etc. are also going to their cabin to drop off luggage.  There is no way to know who is entitled to do so without posting someone at every door and have them check boarding passes.  When newer passengers see others opening the hall door and walking in, they follow suit.  

I use to always pick the earliest time available (just turned Diamond), but on my cruise in February I decided to try arriving at 1:30.  I am now sold on this arrival time.  The only wait I had was about 3 minutes at the x-ray machines - walked up to the counter, checked in and right on to the ship.  Went to cabin, picked up my key, put luggage in and went to my Muster Station.  There was no wait at Lido buffet and I wasn't having to trip over everyone's carry-on.  I am so happy that I tried this.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, sc4125 said:

This is just a guess but it wouldn't surprise me that the reason for the change is because those passengers who aren't Platinum, Diamond, etc. are also going to their cabin to drop off luggage.  There is no way to know who is entitled to do so without posting someone at every door and have them check boarding passes.  When newer passengers see others opening the hall door and walking in, they follow suit.  

I use to always pick the earliest time available (just turned Diamond), but on my cruise in February I decided to try arriving at 1:30.  I am now sold on this arrival time.  The only wait I had was about 3 minutes at the x-ray machines - walked up to the counter, checked in and right on to the ship.  Went to cabin, picked up my key, put luggage in and went to my Muster Station.  There was no wait at Lido buffet and I wasn't having to trip over everyone's carry-on.  I am so happy that I tried this.

Yes every time my wife and I drive to the port, we pick a later arrival time. It is nice to cruise right through the embarkation process, almost without stopping.

There really isn't much to do on the ships before the sail away party other than eat and walk around, so unless we're in town early (when we fly into Miami for example) we would just as soon arrive later.

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, Empress Love said:

I just noticed this today and called in... We have two GrandSuites and FTTF on an extended balcony.. And I was informed the changes are at the ships discretion...

40 minutes ago, sc4125 said:

Platinum, Diamond, etc. are also going to their cabin to drop off luggage.  There is no way to know who is entitled to do so without posting someone at every door and have them check boarding passes.

Either way it just adds to the confusion for the people who are expected to drop off luggage. Not to mention the steward who will surly (menacing or threatening in appearance surly weather 2 obsolete : arrogant, imperious 3 : irritably sullen and churlish) mouth off to those dropping off.  In the long run Carnival will say due to the confusion it's no longer allowed.

Reminds me of the changes they have made over the years. The farewell party was always packed each and every time we attended. But Carnival stopped that due to no attendance. Again, I say we are going through a loyalty program change. Not whining about it just a noticeable change.😉

Edited by BasicSailor

2 hours ago, sc4125 said:

This has always been an issue.  Non Priority guests have no issue in ignoring any posted signs even when the signs said Diamond/Platinum/FTTF were welcome to go to their staterooms and all others needed to wait until 1:30 pm.  People post here and on other social media sites how they always go to their rooms, drop stuff and the cabin attendants "don't say anything".  When I open the door and go through, I always hold my Boarding Pass in view.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Empress Love said:

I just noticed this today and called in... We have two GrandSuites and FTTF on an extended balcony.. And I was informed the changes are at the ships discretion... And there's a possibility that it can change again.. If need, be.... 

Pretty much everything is at the ship's discretion.

Once I had a cabin steward that didn't say anything about dropping off luggage early. I later went to retrieve something and found the door shut and locked and no sail and sign card. Yes, I had early access, no I didn't get early key. He didn't put the cards up until he had finished with all cabins. 🤣

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Pretty much everything is at the ship's discretion.

Once I had a cabin steward that didn't say anything about dropping off luggage early. I later went to retrieve something and found the door shut and locked and no sail and sign card. Yes, I had early access, no I didn't get early key. He didn't put the cards up until he had finished with all cabins. 🤣

My  cabin attendant in Feb was right outside my unfinished room when I was the first to drop luggage.  His face said "crap" when I said "out in one second" and then I actually turned and burned.  His face then relaxed and he smiled as I left.  I bet many do more than drop a bag and go.  

• Like 2

Guest BasicSailor
2 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

This has always been an issue.  Non Priority guests have no issue in ignoring any posted signs even when the signs said Diamond/Platinum/FTTF were welcome to go to their staterooms and all others needed to wait until 1:30 pm.  People post here and on other social media sites how they always go to their rooms, drop stuff and the cabin attendants "don't say anything".  When I open the door and go through, I always hold my Boarding Pass in view.

Agree, I have had quite a few people follow behind us that I'm sure were not eligable . I'm just waiting to see what the future brings.

2 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

Agree, I have had quite a few people follow behind us that I'm sure were not eligable . I'm just waiting to see what the future brings.

Do the signs list the exceptions? Not the last few I've seen. Monkey see... 🐵

1 minute ago, BasicSailor said:

PreCovid, when I would see people sitting on the stairs watching the door before 1:30 pm, I would ask if anyone then were P/D/FTTF and "remind" them if they were, they also could go to their rooms.  When they said they weren't, that the doors would left open when rooms were ready.  

Guest BasicSailor
18 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

PreCovid, when I would see people sitting on the stairs watching the door before 1:30 pm, I would ask if anyone then were P/D/FTTF and "remind" them if they were, they also could go to their rooms.  When they said they weren't, that the doors would left open when rooms were ready.  

I've thought about doing just that in the past, but I feel its Carnivals job, their ship. Trying to police people I had no authority to police could have caused a scene on the ship.  Which may include getting kicked off the ship and cruise I had already paid for.

Edited by BasicSailor

50 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

I've thought about doing just that in the past, but I feel its Carnivals job, their ship. Trying to police people I had no authority to police could have caused a scene on the ship.  Which may include getting kicked off the ship and cruise I had already paid for.

But how else could I flounce my Platinum butt? 🤣

• Haha 2

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Do the signs list the exceptions? Not the last few I've seen. Monkey see... 🐵

Come to think about it there were no signs in place on my last three cruise's. Before Covid they were placed on the doors for all to see. Monkey will do what Monkey see's.😅 

No body give that last comment to ST Greg.😉

15 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

Come to think about it there were no signs in place on my last three cruise's. Before Covid they were placed on the doors for all to see. Monkey will do what Monkey see's.😅 

No body give that last comment to ST Greg.😉

I saw this a few times pre covid. I would have FTTF and open the door to go to my room and several of the people would see me and follow who were not FTTF. Staff really does not say much to anyone who just goes to their room and ignores the signs and then the behavior spreads. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2023 at 10:12 AM, mz-s said:

Correct and the new boarding pass says stateroom access is at 1:30 for everyone. So it seems that even dropping your bags off is no longer allowed.

FTTF hasn't changed. We were on the Celebration a couple of weeks ago, they told us just to go through the sealed doors and we could leave our bags, freshen up, etc. Our room was actually already ready, at about noon. But not all were.

7 hours ago, elcuchio24 said:

FTTF hasn't changed. We were on the Celebration a couple of weeks ago, they told us just to go through the sealed doors and we could leave our bags, freshen up, etc. Our room was actually already ready, at about noon. But not all were.

I would be surprised if they actually said, "freshen up, etc." It is supposed to be "drop your bags and get out" . The entire process should take less than two minutes.