Questions about NCL BOGO Air

Jelona

We booked the BOGO air for NCL. I know that booking it yourself definitely has the better advantages... but we just couldn't beat the savings it had. It will save us almost 5k in the end. 
I did have some questions though that I didn't see many answers for when I was looking on the NCL website. 
- I know if we are in the same cabin, we will be on the same flight. But will we be next to each other? It's just me and my husband and I would prefer to sit by him.
- If not seated together, is this something I can request? (I'm guessing it would be maybe the airline I would request it with?)
- We are also traveling with another couple, but not in the same booking. I realize it is very much possible that we will end up on different flights. Has anyone had their groups on their same flight? We will be flying out of a major airport. (if not, we are okay and have already prepared to be on separate flights)
-If we want to upgrade our seat and there is availability once we get our flights, can I do that with the airline?
-This is an international/European cruise, so we did the 2-day deviation going to and coming back. Has anyone had any trouble with making their cruise with that? Hoping for some extra days to tour the port city.

I did some scrolling on the boards for these answers and couldn't find any and didn't see anything pinned. I might not be searching the right keywords. (the few boards I did find, have all been negative... so I'm definitely feeling a little worried.) If anyone has a link to a board that covers these questions, it would be much appreciated. 

Thanks!! 

Pretty much any discussion on the pros/cons has your answers.  But to summarize:

Same room, same flights.  Beyond that, anything is possible.

NCL does not assign seats, seat assignments are per airline policy.  Once you get your flight info, you need to go to the airline web site and work from there.  Some let you choose - possibly at a cost - some do not.  Some say wait but I've found that sometimes you can call and sweet talk them into letting you choose.

When all the stars align, you can arrive the morning of your cruise.  But that's a big risk these days, so a 1 or 2 day deviation gives you a better chance, still no guarantee.  Weather, strikes, mechanical issues are always a factor.  Getting to my cruises hasn't been nearly the headache as getting home has been, but it's just the luck of the draw.

• Like 1